Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngemu

While shooting in 4k mode, I like to use auto focus to set everything up.

However, sometimes it gets stuck in the preview (?) screen. I have to get into the ml menu or restart the camera to reset it. Anyone else experience this?

Danne

Turn off focus aid. Otherwise aurofocus is nogo. You could maybe switch to photo mode, do af, then go back to movie mode. Might work with focus aid stil on.

Danne

New build:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- added x3 crop modes into tap display list
- full sensor readout anamorphic mode in 14fps continuous. 12fps if set to 14 or 12bit.
Make sure to set ratios to OFF to get this activated. Works with the anamorphic modes.
Also note that if you set shutter range to Full range you can go down to 1/14s shutter...

MLV file:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/full_readout.MLV

1736x2996(10bit 14fps continuous) Equals 5208x2996

AF-OFF

Hi Danne , hi guys
the latest Sept13 build doesn't record audio in 4k, 5k and 2.5k presets
EDIT - strange, now sound working again

very nice new 5k ana 14/12 FPS mode !

did some testing and have had pink frames only at two occasiones - 1-changing presets from 4k ana to 2.5k, started recording with the auto-set 2000x14?? res.  & 2. when pushing the 40+ FPS mode too hard, there were some one or two bad pics at the end

2.5k centered preset works great with 2520x1080, even with focus peaking in realtime preview
Other resolutions I found well working are 1920, 2048, 2160 & 2320x1080

2.5k cent, 4k 5k and mv1080p all working with GD overlays

FRSP together with intervalometer in photomode switches the display and all buttons off
when recording a limited frames, one can activate the LV by pressing the HShutter
Otherwise need to power of the cam in order to stop recording

best

EDIT - forgot to mention the crash while used the latest build for the first time , error 70
restarted the cam and everything back to normal. a log was generated

yokashin

Would there be a chance to create a timelapse setting for 1 fps or 2 fps?
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

Danne

Actually there are. You can reach them by doing this. While in x10 zoom mode (sticky push mode) push SET button until you reach the 1fps modes.

ZEEK

Hey Danne, really enjoying the 5K Rewired mode.
As I was using it, I was just wondering if a button (e.g. trashcan) could be amended to allow the alternation between preview modes e.g. Framing & Real-Time and allow these two framing modes to be "sustained" rather than just "half-pressed" for actual framing. Thanks! 8)
EOS M

Danne

Sustained as not affected by halfshutter press when selected? Realtime stays realtime when halfshutter pressed and framing stays framing even when hs pressed?

ZEEK

When you "half-press" shutter, it shows you "framing" as long as you hold down the shutter half-way.
I mean I want "Realtime" liveview to change to "Framing" with a click of a button and stay like that, instead of going all the way into the menu to change from realtime preview into framing and then back again, if that's possible. Thanks! 
EOS M

Danne

Quote from: ZEEK on September 15, 2019, 10:04:37 AM
When you "half-press" shutter, it shows you "framing" as long as you hold down the shutter half-way.
I mean I want "Realtime" liveview to change to "Framing" with a click of a button and stay like that, instead of going all the way into the menu to change from realtime preview into framing and then back again, if that's possible. Thanks! 
Not sure why this would be useful. Would be nice if you could explain how you use this? Anyway. INFO button is the only button left to be used here so here we go. Build below

New build:

Toggle between Real-time and framing preview mode if assigning INFO button

ZEEK

Legend! Thanks :)
The reason is I like to shoot stills on a tripod of landscape using 2.5k and anamorphic modes. The thing is that they obviously have a cropped live view which can be difficult to frame on the go and at times half-shutter wouldn't show framing when half-pressed. Therefore, switching quickly between realtime and framing modes with the touch of a button helps heaps.
1. I focus on the landscape in realtime, then switch to framing mode to ensure framing is correct in those cropped LiveView modes.
Thanks a lot!  ;)
EOS M

Danne

Yes, those are valid points. But why not start out with framing mode as default suggests :)? Pushing halfshutter and you´ll gett x10 zoom focus aid. Then back to framing...

ZEEK

Because when I start with framing mode, it would be hard to pull focus while recording at the same time, since the fps is really low in framing. But I just tested the build now and it's MAGIC. Thank you 8)
EOS M

Danne

Hm, but when holding halfshutter while recording gets you into realtime preview. Well, now we have more ways of doing things...

ZEEK

I just kept accidentally taking photos whilst half-pressing shutter and sometimes it would glitch to a half-screen with a white bottom half in halfshutter and then require a camera restart. It feels much better now.
EOS M

mix_vfx

P
Quote from: ZEEK on September 15, 2019, 01:15:37 PM
I just kept accidentally taking photos whilst half-pressing shutter and sometimes it would glitch to a half-screen with a white bottom half in halfshutter and then require a camera restart. It feels much better now.

Pressing MENU twice tends to help with that. I love your request. Ultimately, it would be nice to be able to assign all buttons custom.

ZEEK

I mean while you are in halfshutter x10. You can't double press menu whilst in x10 halfshutter . Once you let go, at times I would get a black screen after letting go of halfshutter and have to battery pull. It's seems solved now and am very happy with what the ML Team have done with the M.  ;)
EOS M

Danne

Use sticky push. More reliable. It's hard running workarounds with movie crop mode enabled and disabled in the background, that's what causing conflicts with x10 zoom. As long as you don't rush things sticky push seems to work reliable.

ZEEK

EOS M

earlph

@danne I just upgraded to the sept 15 build and tried dual iso and set base to 100 and recovery to 400 but when I leave magic lanter menu, it shows 400/400 ISO in live view. I also tried setting iso to 100 in canon menu but it doesnt work. Thank you in advance

m300

I've been playing with the 13th September build which is nice but I have a few problems.

Is it possible to turn off the x10 zoom focus aid? It's useful but if I'm shooting photos with auto-focus it can be a little annoying and doesn't seem to work with some of the video presets either.

Is it possible to change the h264 video quality?

Thanks!

lightspeed

in the nightly build how do you set the bitrate? I tried looking through the forums but could not see. I want to select 8 bit. but it will only let me select 11.

Danne

New build:

- Fix stuck iso(canon menu) when turning of gain.

Quote from: earlph on September 16, 2019, 11:24:09 AM
I also tried setting iso to 100 in canon menu but it doesnt work. Thank you in advance
Fixed.

Quote from: m300 on September 17, 2019, 02:50:00 AM
Is it possible to turn off the x10 zoom focus aid?
Is it possible to change the h264 video quality?
Yes, customized buttons
No, h264 bitrate was removed in this build. We choose to focus on mainly raw. I decided later to still reach h264 by choosing it from tap display list or simply turning raw video to off

earlph

Danne, just downloaded and installed the new build you posted. Certainly fixed the issue I reported but the drop-down menus in the movie tab cannot be accessed while drop-downs from other menu like shoot, expo and the others works as intended. The only affected menus are those from movie - presets, ratio, bit depth, set 25fps, max iso, custom buttons (even with touch screen) but the other toogle options from movie works as it should like raw video, and sound recording ( both have drop down menus and works as well when using touch screen), shutter lock, etc. sorry if i complain a lot I just have some time to actually test the new build. Thanks!

what I tried; format, reboot, reinstall fw.

also, I noticed there's a red circle beside the "memory patches" from debug tab. In the description (bottom) says; cache is locked down (not exactly clean) in yellow color. Also shows 3 Rom beside the memory patch. I don't know if this will be helpful info but still decided to add here

Danne

Quote from: earlph on September 17, 2019, 02:13:51 PM
Certainly fixed the issue I reported but the drop-down menus in the movie tab cannot be accessed while drop-downs from other menu like shoot, expo and the others works as intended. The only affected menus are those from movie - presets, ratio, bit depth, set 25fps, max iso, custom buttons (even with touch screen) but the other toogle options from movie works as it should like raw video, and sound recording ( both have drop down menus and works as well when using touch screen), shutter lock, etc. sorry if i complain a lot I just have some time to actually test the new build. Thanks!
I can´t really follow what´s going on here. Could you do a screen recording showing the issue?