Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

Any particular reason(s) specifically why you're asking for this build @uEOSM?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

Disable focus aid if using autofocus. The other issues are probably related to this too. If you follow other posts you see that recently this was discussed as well.
Shutters should work the same for all presets now. Not sure what build you are using but be sure to use the latest.

Unable to take photo could be the famous shutter bug issue. It´s unrelated to the build itself. Do some searching on that if you want to know more here.
Thanks for feedback.

yokashin

Quote from: uEOSM on September 01, 2019, 07:55:04 PM
Hi guys. Share if anyone has firmware crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jun10.EOSM202
Can be earlier or later

I have copy from 7 and 11 Jul.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

Walter Schulz

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on September 02, 2019, 12:07:41 AM

He is asking for any build ("Can be earlier or later"). Maybe he is not aware of Danne's Bitbucket download folder location?
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads

ygadinthesix

Hello Everyone!

Is there a build that is optimized for photography for the EOS M? I've recently been using it more and more for photos (and very happy with the results.)

In particular, is there something that provides crop modes for photos?

Walter Schulz

uEOSM

Thank you all for your answers.
Quote from: yokashin on September 02, 2019, 02:53:33 PM
I have copy from 7 and 11 Jul.
Sent PM

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on September 02, 2019, 12:07:41 AM
Yes, in the last builds I have a lot of pink frames, in that build there wasn't one. But unfortunately I did not save the old version and updated to the new one.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 02, 2019, 03:09:49 PM
He is asking for any build ("Can be earlier or later"). Maybe he is not aware of Danne's Bitbucket download folder location?
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads
Thanks for the link, I searched there, but unfortunately old versions are already deleted there.

Danne

Please tell me what version is causing you corrupted frames. Also what preset are you using getting corrupted frames.

rinski

Hello, I would like to know if you really record at 24 fps or at 13 in 4k anamorphic 10 bits 2.35 with a sd extreme pro sandisk 95 mbs and if in the latest versions is no longer present the SD UHS overclock hack module, with 13 fps has not generated any pink box in a test I have done.
Thank you.

uEOSM

Quote from: Danne on September 02, 2019, 06:41:49 PM
Please tell me what version is causing you corrupted frames. Also what preset are you using getting corrupted frames.
crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only_2019Sep01.EOSM202 and previous from this series
there were no such problems on crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_*** series

dnr

Quote from: dnr on August 30, 2019, 01:40:10 PM
Sorry, if I'm too blind or too stupid to find it, but is there any way to use half-shutter to start/stop recording in Aug30, as in the previous builds?
I found "Rec trigger" in the raw video settings, but that seems to be only for start/pause within a clip.
I did turn off focus aid within the customized buttons, so I think it doesn't interfer with that.
The reason why I need that function is quite simple; my REC button doesn't work.
Sorry to bring this up again, but i feel like it went unnoticed. I play around with Sep02, but I didn't get it to work either.
Any workaround for my problem?

Danne

For that set up I would recommend switch over to 4k anamorphic rewired preset. i never had much luck with the 5k anamorphic mode set to 16:9.

henricusmaria

The latest build is working great!
Well done guys!

mix_vfx

Hi!

Did some testing with Sept03 build, however, with a HDMI monitor hooked up.

Default, first start up with 1080p rewired works flawless, records well, no pink frames, etc.

2.5K: preview is live and framing is not correct, (its on the Canon 5x zoom view), ill link images in a bit. Right half of the screen is basically the last refreshed pixel in the middle tiled till the edge if it makes sense.
Recording OK, with whole images, but plenty of pink frames(50-70%), playback works.

4K ANA Rewired: preview is live, and framing is not squeezed (its on the Canon 5x zoom view), Preview is with full images, no bug like 2.5K.
Recording OK, with whole images, but plenty of pink frames (10-20%), playback works, but shows black screen (see the LED blinking, reading accordingly), both on internal and external screen.

I'll test w/o a monitor, just wanted to see how much funcionality has progressed with it since I'm very keen to use only External monitors with it. Love 1080p already, and occasionally do use without to get nice 4, and 2,5K results. Thanks a lot for your hard work, beautiful to see the M becoming a cine camera even with its brutally slow cpu : )

Cheers
Miki

Danne

Quote from: mix_vfx on September 03, 2019, 03:06:56 PM
4K ANA Rewired: preview is live, and framing is not squeezed (its on the Canon 5x zoom view), Preview is with full images, no bug like 2.5K.
Recording OK, with whole images, but plenty of pink frames (10-20%), playback works, but shows black screen (see the LED blinking, reading accordingly), both on internal and external screen.
Could you do a screenrecording of what your monitor gives when using it with 4k anamorphic modes?

henricusmaria

I've tested the 4k an rewired and mv1080p mcmrewire modes. Works smoothly. The build feels very intuitive now. Also when changing between the two modes.
With mv1080p mcmrewire I see some flickering in the footage. But that's maybe because of the higher iso (400)?
https://youtu.be/vlLJpDnakls

Danne

henricusmaria

It is visible in the reds. Maybe it's just noise? Although I don't see it in the 4K an rewired footage.

Danne

Now I see. Seems some codec export issue. Did you shoot in 10bit? Could be that too. Or post production steps.
Thanks for sharing.

mix_vfx

Test ReDone!

Quote from: Danne on September 03, 2019, 03:42:09 PM
Could you do a screenrecording of what your monitor gives when using it with 4k anamorphic modes?

Danne

Thanks.
Hard to say what we see here. But the main question is if you real time preview with the full image resolution or is only showing part of the image(aka cropped preview)?

mix_vfx

I'd say its cropped, and looks stretched too. I've redone, and reuploaded in a bit better quality:

Pause for preview frame at 0:11
Pause for playback frame at 0:50

Hope its more recognizable. Had to switch back to 1080p rewire to have playback working as well, but you know : )

henricusmaria

Quote from: Danne on September 03, 2019, 06:17:27 PM
Now I see. Seems some codec export issue. Did you shoot in 10bit? Could be that too. Or post production steps.
Thanks for sharing.

It was shot in 14 bit, 16:9, 24p 1/48 fps.
When I open the file in mlv app the flickering is visible.
The 4K an rewired is shot in 10 bit, 16:9, 24p 1/48 and has no flickering.

Danne