Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rinski

Hello, I would like to know how with the mlv app you can export the 4x anamorphic 1x3 by recovering the grouped columns, in the davinci resolve cinemadng, so as not to keep the grouping with compressed image in the center.
Thank you.

marcelolippi

Quote from: Danne on August 12, 2019, 05:12:09 PM
Well, I need a way to reproduce this issue. Steps described in detail.
Few minutes

ygadinthesix

Hi Everyone!

I'm using my Canon EOS M more and more for stills, and I've run into the problem that when I go into burst mode, the camera freezes up.

I'm using a slightly older version of the Danne Build (July 31), and a Sandish Extreme Pro 95MB/s SD Card.

Is my card too slow or is there something in the settings that I haven't accounted for. I've spent more time in video mode the last few months, so I'm not sure if there's something special about picture mode I'm missing. I have the SD Overlock thingy activated.

The pictures it takes are beautiful, but the inability to predict when it will freeze is proving to be a challenge.

Any ideas?

walter_schulz

I'm not sure what you expect.

Burst mode for EOS M is 4.3 images per second. I suppose you are shooting RAW. Because of compression RAW sizes differ between (about) 22 and 33 MByte. There is no chance you can use burst continuously. Basic math IMO.

marcelolippi

Quote from: Danne on August 12, 2019, 05:12:09 PM
Well, I need a way to reproduce this issue. Steps described in detail.

Sorry Danne, not to find a sequence that reproduces the error. Initially it seemed to be 5k and 4k resolutions but changing the resolution the problem disappeared. Instead, by changing the resolutions to test them, I get to a "freeze" without any operating buttons and I have to remove the batteries. Unfortunately I can't say anything else at the moment.

Danne

Changing resolutions how? If you get a reproducable freeze we have something look at here, otherwise it´s just normal buggy eosm behaviour ;)

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: rinski on August 12, 2019, 05:48:28 PM
Hello, I would like to know how with the mlv app you can export the 4x anamorphic 1x3 by recovering the grouped columns, in the davinci resolve cinemadng, so as not to keep the grouping with compressed image in the center.
Thank you.

It's not recovering anything , it's only stretch the image (see the Transformation tab in MLVApp) , you can stretch it in Davinci Resolve too .

ZEEK

Best would be to use the latest Danne builds which don't have this issue.
EOS M

Danne

Where is that document about how to report bugs someone?
I really need some deeper info around any bug reported. For instance. Most often it has to be reproduced or how else can we try and fix?
If you tested around and safely know how to reproduce the bug then tell me canon settings, especially around focus. Then maybe do a short screenrecording publish your exact settings used, preset and so on...

marcelolippi

Quote from: Danne on August 12, 2019, 10:08:41 PM
Changing resolutions how? If you get a reproducable freeze we have something look at here, otherwise it´s just normal buggy eosm behaviour ;)

nothing to do, this latest version, July 9th, in my eos m is completely crazy

ZEEK

Quote from: Veerle on August 13, 2019, 01:48:36 AM
09 aug build is the latest build

Yes, sorry that's correct...hmm, just haven't experienced this issue with the build. Focus aid (Default Mode) works perfectly when the shutter is half-pressed or even if you hold the left wheel button.
Just ensure all the correct modules are enabled, otherwise uninstall ML, format the card in the camera and install it again..
EOS M

walter_schulz

What is "above" to you? Faster or slower? Does it happen in movie (which Canon movie mode selected?) or/and still mode?
Have you already tested to reset ML to defaults and retried?

Please! Keep in mind offering a way to reproduce your error step by step! With info as given above it is just guesswork.

walter_schulz

Again: Have you already tested to reset ML to defaults and retried?
Again: In which Canon mode are you? 720p50/60, 1080p24/25/30?

Does it happen starting without ML, too?

rinski

Hello, does anyone know how to get horizontal lines that don't oscillate from top to bottom as interferences, after stretching the image?
Thank you.

Danne

lightspeed

I recorded this image in 8 bit. anyone know what I'm doing wrong. don't think should be so bad.

https://we.tl/t-lNtzjZhSwo

rinski

Hello, please could you tell me how to decrease the horizontal oscillation of lines after stretching 4k 1x3
1280x1866, 24 frames thank you.

masc

Why don't you show a picture or MLV with your problem? Never saw oscillating lines in a clip...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

rinski

Are small yellowish undulations in horizontal oscillating, can it be because of the frames?

kuchka94

hi! made some test videos yesterday and made footage to test black sun issue, found that it not gone, there is some gray colors, that turn to pink if you try to move highlights even few steps down.
there's video about issue to show you what i mean
august 09 build, raw mcm rewire, 14 bit lossless
https://youtu.be/3jTvtAewCyo