Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henricusmaria

Quote from: ricardopt on August 10, 2019, 05:52:52 PM
you can do it on your video editor, after exporting the video with MLVAPP load it into your video editor and then decrease the width of the video and the black bars will show up, tweak the width value to your liking.

Or you just shoot in 1.66:1

Anaconda_

How can I change aperture without going into the ML menus? The scroll wheel defaults to shutter speed, which I don't want to change. (my up and right buttons don't work which is annoying and probably the way to switch modes - if it is, can I reprogram which button can change aperture?)

ricardopt

Quote from: henricusmaria on August 10, 2019, 06:07:54 PM
Or you just shoot in 1.66:1

Sorry for prolonging the off topic... the way i described offers more "room" to play with the width of the black bars.

henricusmaria

Quote from: ricardopt on August 10, 2019, 06:16:23 PM
Sorry for prolonging the off topic... the way i described offers more "room" to play with the width of the black bars.

I just think it is (far) better to decide beforehand in what aspect ratio you will be filming. And not alter the image afterwards to make it more or less "cinematic".

lightspeed

Any way to fix the rolling shutter in 3k mode. Even if I set the resolution to 2500 x 1080 in 3k the rolling shutter is twice as bad as in 2.5k mode. would like to use 2.7k

ZEEK

Quote from: Anaconda_ on August 10, 2019, 06:11:06 PM
How can I change aperture without going into the ML menus?

*Press the "info" button until the EOS M Dashboard Appears. Adjust the F-Stop from there on the right side of the Shutter Speed. 
EOS M

Danne

Or just push right button once and you're in f-stop mode.

ZEEK

This is what happens when you mess around with vintage lenses for "too long" :P
The latest builds are working nicely by the way on the M and can't believe how far this camera has come compared to the other ML Cameras out there. Haven't encountered any issues yet on the latest build, though will keep an eye out. Thanks a lot :)
EOS M

Anaconda_

Quote from: Danne on August 11, 2019, 09:29:53 AM
Or just push right button once and you're in f-stop mode.

Thanks Danne, but as I noted, my up and right buttons aren't working. I guess I'll stick with the INFO route, at the expense of losing multiple LV presets.

Danne

Push right then use scroll wheel. Works here.

Anaconda_

Quote from: Danne on August 11, 2019, 12:49:25 PM
Push right then use scroll wheel. Works here.

I'm sure it does, but my right and up buttons do not work.  ;)

Danne

ZEEK

I have the same issue on my black EOS M...
The up and right button don't  work when pressed. Thankfully the wheel does. It's a common issue with some EOS M Cameras.
EOS M

henricusmaria

Anyone has issues with 'wobbling' vertical lines in the anamorphic modes? What can be done about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXo9vvASRKI&feature=youtu.be

Anaconda_

Quote from: Danne on August 11, 2019, 01:34:35 PM
Aha, broken completely :)?

Yeah, they click but dont do anything. So far I've been able to work around it, especially as I've been using FD lenses. I just picked up the Viltrox booster and realised I cant adjust aperture as easily as I expected.

Quote from: ZEEK on August 11, 2019, 01:45:22 PM
I have the same issue on my black EOS M...
The up and right button don't  work when pressed. Thankfully the wheel does. It's a common issue with some EOS M Cameras.

Mine is also the black one. Thanks for your INFO tips though!

lurker

Hello, I'm using the 8/9/19 build and it seems I am only able to shoot in ISO 100 in crop mode mv 1080p MCM rewire (changing the ISO in video mode seems to do nothing).  I tried playing around with the bit dept, but can't seem to figure it out.  Sorry if this has already been answered (I tired searching for it).  First time poster, long time lurker.

lightspeed

anyone experience odd effects when setting to 9bit or 8bit? video became very pixelated. I don't believe should be so bad.

guerchi

Quote from: Anaconda_ on August 11, 2019, 02:52:43 PM
I just picked up the Viltrox booster and realised I cant adjust aperture as easily as I expected.
the button with the expo icon, the right of the wheel, toggle between shutter and aperture, At least in my camera, and with blocking the shutter speed change from the ML menu, you can't go wrong!

Today I had a shooting day with the eos M. Good shots in 5k anamorphic to film semi blind. Pink frames free! It seems we left them behind! Thanks Danne.

henricusmaria

Quote from: lurker on August 11, 2019, 11:29:55 PM
Hello, I'm using the 8/9/19 build and it seems I am only able to shoot in ISO 100 in crop mode mv 1080p MCM rewire (changing the ISO in video mode seems to do nothing).  I tried playing around with the bit dept, but can't seem to figure it out.  Sorry if this has already been answered (I tired searching for it).  First time poster, long time lurker.

It is because you have "Iso climb" on in crop mode.

lurker

marcelo.lippi

Bug warning. What happens with this latest version, I can't get it started. Once started I see half of the screen, I enter the menu to change something but all menus are locked and I have to disconnect the battery. Photos and logs

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DpTB9eEjeYtR7rXL7

SSERT: !IS_ERROR(semErr)
at ./EekoApp/Color/WB/LV/LvWbAlgorWrap.c:522, CLR_CALC:ff41d49c
lv:1 mode:3

CLR_CALC stack: 1b8368 [1b84d8-1b44d8]
0xUNKNOWN  @ c380:1b84d0
0xUNKNOWN  @ 22194:1b84a8
0x00021E8C @ ff0fb064:1b8490
0xUNKNOWN  @ 21ebc:1b8480
0xUNKNOWN  @ 21f44:1b8460
0xFF41CF50 @ ff272c78:1b8448
0x00001900 @ ff41d498:1b83a0
0x0009E558 @ 9e864:1b8368

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2019Aug09.EOSM202
Mercurial changeset   : e52c3acab4d6 (crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets) tip
Built on 2019-08-09 10:06:50 UTC by daniel@Daniels-MBP.
Free Memory  : 210K + 1890K

Danne

Reinstall? I canĀ“t reproduce and from pictures it seems you actually started camera?
Also try disable histogram etc and see if that could be causing something? Need more info.

marcelolippi

I reinstalled, the problem show up only when I enable 5k

Danne

Well, I need a way to reproduce this issue. Steps described in detail.

yokashin

Quote from: marcelolippi on August 12, 2019, 05:09:48 PM
I reinstalled, the problem show up only when I enable 5k

I had a similar problem as in the Canon menu I had set 1280x720 for the movie.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]