Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Quote from: rinski on August 06, 2019, 07:20:16 PM
Hi, I can't record with 1280x1866 sound in any way in 4k anamorphic and 24 frames 12 bits uncompressed, what should I do? thank you.
Borrow my camera, works over here. At least presets set to 12bit and crop mode ratios to what´s in Crop mode sub menu. I don´t mix with RAW video ratios.
Also, some more info would be welcome here.

Danne

New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

Original branch

- Various bug fixes. Cherry picked stuff coming from Jip-Hop
- Autoenables modules on install and starts in mcm rewired mv1080p 16:9 preset
- This version kept startoff preset menu in Crop mode sub menu
- Fixed a long time bug which sometimes recorded wrong white level when changing presets
- isoclimb working while recording

Quote from: masc on August 06, 2019, 06:56:41 PM
I now played around with the new switch menu, but I must say this is overkill.
Normally I switch the preset once a day or even less. Now all those important HW-buttons just toggle between presets, what I normally never do when recording scenes.
Also having another whole new screen... why? I have to scroll through the whole ML menu to get there, or use the INFO button... therefor I have no chance anymore to get into the shortcut Canon menu (normal use of INFO button). Having the presets in this small menu under crop mode, beeing able to call it with a few clicks was more sexy IMO. So, nice idea, but I prefer the july 31 build.
I think it´s ok for now to keep two versions. The one in this post is a bit more modest and then we can focus on some more experimental progressive stuff that Jip-Hop is working on.
Long story short. Mainly using the reassignment button build from Jip-Hop gives fast acces to a number of presets. Some shooters use a lot of presets and then this will be very handy. Run and gun stuff etc. The other branch has it all but it will take some more preparing time to change presets so this will probably work for most users.

Regarding the longwalk into the Switch menu. It´s not easy to get into a deep submenu with one or two buttonpresses so this is  a workaround getting that to work. I agree all should be coming from Crop mode sub menu so let´s hope for some progress in that direction soon...

Thanks for the feedback.

Danne

New builds:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

Both versions updated:

- Iso climb feature now works both increasing iso(up) and decreasing(down) by pushing, yes of course, either up or down buttons. Also enabled while recording.

Dmytro_ua

Danne, is there a possibility to add this "experimental" preset button to 5d3 branch?
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Danne

Yes it is. Only needs some time and tinkering. Maybe Jip-Hop could prep a build?

masc

Yay... now climbISO is really cool!

@Jip-Hop: I hope you're not sad about my words... I think it is really cool that someone else spends time and brings new features! There will be many users who like what you did! ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Yeah, iso feature works nicely. Could work with auto iso too. When recording we could make use of the buttons the same as with static iso. Auto iso while recording isn´t working right?

ngemu

Been using the mcm rewire mode but getting a ton of aliasing. I was told to use an anamorphic mode instead and I'm blow away. I ran the 2:39:1 script to help me select the settings and footage came out great.

Do you know what resolution / settings I can change to achieve footage like this though? (black bars on side rather than top and bottom)

Danne

Black bars or changing ratio? Seems more like 16:9, you can select this in Crop mode sub menu under ratios.

gravitatemediagroup

wow, that's a nice fix :)  Shame BMD never could in earlier cameras. lol although to be fair, there are other cinema cameras plagued with it.

Anaconda_

Hey all, I'm a relatively new user. Last time I had ML was on a 550d 6 years ago, and I must say, the M is really surprising me thanks to the hard work that's one into it. Thank you all so much!

I do have just one question though, is it possible to adjust aperture with the scroll wheel? At the moment, when I turn it, I'm changing the shutter speed, but ideally, I'd like to set that on one speed and leave it there forever (1/50) So the wheel could be put to better use on the aperture, which has more of a meaningful manipulation on your footage.

Hopefully I'm just missing the setting, but if not, Danne, is that something that could be added?

masc

Yay... black sun behaviour is way better now. But something minor thing still happens. No problem to get it invisible, but anyway intersting: what happens here?! When lowering highlights I get a "pink sun" now. Lowering RAW White Level does not really help here - the pink is a little different from the "Pink highlights". (Just don't lower highlights and the pink sun is away again.) Here, a lamp, you see the little pink dot.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Haha, always the pink.
Well maybe cmos 4 can be tweaked to fix even this?

henricusmaria

Quote from: ngemu on August 09, 2019, 09:09:37 AM
Been using the mcm rewire mode but getting a ton of aliasing. I was told to use an anamorphic mode instead and I'm blow away. I ran the 2:39:1 script to help me select the settings and footage came out great.

Do you know what resolution / settings I can change to achieve footage like this though? (black bars on side rather than top and bottom)

That is my footage, missed your question on yt.. It is shot in 1.66:1, great aspect ratio imo..

rinski

ello, I would like to ask for help I don't know how to fix the double split and flickering image on the back with 4k rewired 1120x1890 12 bits.

Danne

Please do a recording of what you do. Description is not easy to understand.

rinski

Hi, I can't insert an image, only the upper half records me and the lower half is distorted and blinking.

Danne

Sorry. Need more info. Maybe upload to dropbox or similar.

Danne

?
Look. Looking in my crystal ball. Do following:
1 - set RAW video to 14bit-lossless
2 - in Crop mode sub menu set 10bit.

rinski

I'm a novice at this and find no other way to share the captures o the problem.
Thank you.

rinski

ricardopt

Quote from: ngemu on August 09, 2019, 09:09:37 AM

you can do it on your video editor, after exporting the video with MLVAPP load it into your video editor and then decrease the width of the video and the black bars will show up, tweak the width value to your liking.