Schneider Cinelux ES 2x
SLR Magic Rangefinder

Rookie in motion and ML
But we need to get going anyway
Steep learning curve

Danne

New build:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- Enabling kill global draw when pushing halfshutter and using framing preview while recording. Hopefully helps a little when it comes to corrupted frames

This feature is automated and will be used whenever framing preview mode is enabled. @ricardopt might wanna try anamorphic modes with this version.

OlRivrRat

@ DarkCAL

"Helios 44
Schneider Cinelux ES 2x
SLR Magic Rangefinder"

So which of these Pieces were used in this Vid example ?
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

guerchi

QuoteNew build:

- Enabling kill global draw when pushing halfshutter and using framing preview while recording. Hopefully helps a little when it comes to corrupted frames

This feature is automated and will be used whenever framing preview mode is enabled. @ricardopt might wanna try anamorphic modes with this version.

If I understood correctly, with this version, can I, even with kill global draw on, see the framing preview by pressing halfshutter while recording? That sounds really good.
I was still using the Nightly.2019.Jul05.EOSM202 version
Because I use the 4k Anamorphic Rewired mode a lot and with the halfshutter I can have a Framing preview. And when shooting with kill global draw, I avoid the pink frames and I have real time preview to be able to focus, although I have to imagine the bottom part of the frame. In addition, that firmware version gave me a lot of stability with those modes.
Here is a video testing the modes and their versatility:

Amazing how it handles noise at ISO 800. No noise reduction was applied.
All tested modes are the most stable I have found.
The best in my opinion considering: crop factor, resolution, alaising, stability, is by far 4k ANAMORPHICS REWIRED

mv1080p 1736x976 46 / 48fps MODE is the only one that gave me 2 pink frames between all the shots.

The vignette is caused by the Crop lens added to the Viltrox speedbooster: Tamron 17-50mm F / 2.8

ricardopt

Hi everyone, using the latest version as of today, selected the cinema 2.39:1 script, after the script finished i went on the the crop mode menu and recorded several videos using 2.35, 2.39 and 16:9 videos and all ofthem were pink frames free, i only previewed them om mlvapp but so far in over 20 videos none had pink frames.

i only changed the aspect ratio setting everything, all teh other settings were left as they were by default.

TOP QUALITY STUFF DANNE!!

Danne

@guerchi. It actually works as before but while pressing halfshutter it enables kill global draw. I just wanted to know if it gives some more headroom.
Also automated is kill global draw in high speed modes. 48fps really need kill global draw on.

@ricardopt
Good to hear :) They probably comes back when least expecting it ;)

ricardopt

Quote from: Danne on July 31, 2019, 10:11:58 PM
....They probably comes back when least expecting it ;)

Keep this build locked in a safe :)  heres a quick sample of the 5k anamorphic, 16:9 aspect ratio, link expires after 7 days

https://send.firefox.com/download/eb960b5b6aa25568/#0IHJdtqHgKw7MNg4opO2Aw

DarkCAL

Quote from: OlRivrRat on July 31, 2019, 06:20:15 PM
                     @ DarkCAL

"Helios 44
Schneider Cinelux ES 2x
SLR Magic Rangefinder"

So which of these Pieces were used in this Vid example ?
All 3
First the Helios
Than the Schneider mounted to the Helios with a clamp
And on the front of the Schneider sits the SLR

shueibdahir

Hey, I need help with ML for EOS M. Mv1080p MCM Rewire is causing me problems with the image. There are pink horizontal lines in the center of the sensor showing up only when using MCM Rewire mode and disappears when using 2.5k/3k and 4k. Can anybody help with this?

OlRivrRat

@ RicardoPT

Would like to see Your 5K but My FireFox won't allow ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

guerchi

Quote from: Danne on July 31, 2019, 10:11:58 PM
@guerchi. It actually works as before but while pressing halfshutter it enables kill global draw. I just wanted to know if it gives some more headroom.
Also automated is kill global draw in high speed modes. 48fps really need kill global draw on.
Thanks Danne!
I tried the latest version (fresh install) and at the beginning it was frozen 3 times while testing, having to take out the battery. But then I could record without problems and best of all without pink frames. I only have a preview in 5k Anamorphic when in the crop menu the ratio is 2:39. I run the cinema 2.39 script for that.
The optimal configuration for me at this moment is:
5k anamorphic
bitdeph: 12 Bit
Crop Mode/ratio: 2.39
Resolution: 1280x1866
Aspect Ratio: 2:1
Kill global draw always on

The quality in this mode is amazing and I am pleased with the aspect ratio, I don't miss 16:9 at all.

The difficult thing is to imagine the framing with only the top half. I am training in that by filming some neck with a little air up. :) But yes, this limitation is the only one that prevents the use for professional projects. Would an external montior help somehow? or not and could it be worse to keep pink frames away?

The Iso Climb function is very useful! can you only go up right?

And the focus aid is very useful too, I am not using it in this mode because I use the halfshutter to alternate between real-time and framing preview.

Thank you very much for all your work

Danne

Thanks for feedback.
How´s that resolution working? Not 2.39:1 any more.

guerchi

Quote from: Danne on August 02, 2019, 08:45:02 AM
Thanks for feedback.
How´s that resolution working? Not 2.39:1 any more.
Yes, you are right.
I used 4k Anamorphic rewired. Without selecting any ratio in Crop Mode, bitdepth always 12bit, and I found that the setting to get the highest possible height was with the aspect ratio in 2:1 and the resolution in 1280x1820.I thing this result in a aspect ratio between 2.20:1 y 2:1. This mode turned out to be incredibly stable, I'm filming with it a low budget video clip.

Now with this latest version, thanks to cinema 2.39:1 script, I realized that I have a 5k Anamorphic preview if I select the ratio at 2:39 in Crop menu. And by selecting the same configuration as before in Raw video menu I get that resolution 1280x1866. I gain 46 pixels in height :) and so far it is also very stable.

Danne

Thanks for files and demoing issues. Are you sure you have no ideas yourself here? Plenty discussed around issues in many places but well.
1 - 30fps will go hard on the cpu. If you really need it I recommend Kill global draw on. You set it in RAW video menu. Or else just run 24 or 25 fps if possible. This should fix your frame corruption.
2 - Extreme cases pointing at the sun. No good answer
3 - Flicker from train window. Looks like som highlight issue but can´t be sure. Probably something in post(Mlv App)

Jip-Hop

I came across a black sun fix in DaVinci Resolve if I remember correctly. Maybe Google that?

Danne

New build:

New branch as well(Thanks to Jip-Hop):
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/branch/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_JH

- Startoff preset section reworked and replaced thanks to Jip-Hop. It´s now called Switch menu

Thanks to ml user and developer @Jip-Hop some really cool things are now working to speed up preset versatility. By setting up two Slots, Slot A and Slot B it´s possible to toggle between two predefined presets by a simple INFO push. Below presets are set per default:

Slot A and Slot B are possible to modify by the way:

So what to do with the SET button. Well , whenever using either slot a or b by pushing SET we go straight into mv1080p MCM rewired mode, so now we actually have three predefined presets within reach of INFO and SET button:

Ok, so once mv1080p MCM rewired or any other mv1080p mode is on SET button will also work with x3crop modes so add a few more presets cropped presets here.
Icing on the cake are the high framerate modes. Two quick pushes on the SET button will get us straight into 45/46/48 fps modes so this means we can now select almost any preset super quick. If we want the other presets just enter Crop mode sub menu normally.

Oh, and double pushing INFO button quickly will take you straight into the Switch drop down menu if you feel you need to modify or quick select something from the drop down menu.

Shortcut:
Ok, so by now you might think there´s a lot to think about so my advice if you want to learn the more pragmatic way. Install this latest build and simply push INFO button and SET button around and learn what happens. Took me five minutes to learn.

Big thank you to Jip-Hop who is working on some cool ideas so feedback and ideas are very welcome from users out there. If anyone wants to do a video tutorial on this feel free to share it...

Jip-Hop source:
https://bitbucket.org/Jip-Hop/magic-lantern/branch/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_toggle

plucas

Hi all,

What are your best-recommended settings for the MV1080 46/48fps mode?

I'm using a recent Danne built and I start with the following base Canon settings:
24fps, 1080p

If I set ML camera to then "Kill Global Draw," let the resolution sit at 1736x976, and set the bitrate to 14-bit lossless, I get about 2.5 seconds on MV1080 46/46 and some corrupted pink frames.

I've tried to lower the resolution to 1600x900 but found that the "pink frames" increased, and when I then set it to 12-bit lossless, the whole image became corrupted.

Should I try changing the aspect ratio from 16:9 to something else to help avoid the pink frames? Or should I lower the bitrate to 10 bit? Or something else?

Danne

It's not as hard as it seems. If you select high speed framerate from Switch menu and set ratio to 2.39:1 kill global draw will be applied automatically.
If you set parameters from Crop mode sub menu select your preset then set bitdepth to 10bit and ratio to 2.39:1.

As this is a workaround you should always stay in 14bitlossless under RAW video menu. Then select 10bit in Crop mode sub menu.

plucas

This could be really helpful. I'm going to try it. Thanks Danne.

And thanks for your work and the great EOS M builds.

Danne

New build:

Commit:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/commits/242f2ee05314bdb6968e3bb4ccb2fb870067ae37

- Jip-Hop finalized autoenabling modules on installing magic lantern

Would be great getting feedback on the button shortcuts published here:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg219475#msg219475

cons and pros, is all working etc? Much changed so let´s not miss anything...

EDIT: Missed to update preset index in Switch menu. Fixed. New version is up.

masc

I now played around with the new switch menu, but I must say this is overkill.
Normally I switch the preset once a day or even less. Now all those important HW-buttons just toggle between presets, what I normally never do when recording scenes.
Also having another whole new screen... why? I have to scroll through the whole ML menu to get there, or use the INFO button... therefor I have no chance anymore to get into the shortcut Canon menu (normal use of INFO button). Having the presets in this small menu under crop mode, beeing able to call it with a few clicks was more sexy IMO. So, nice idea, but I prefer the july 31 build.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

rinski

Hi, I can't record with 1280x1866 sound in any way in 4k anamorphic and 24 frames 12 bits uncompressed, what should I do? thank you.