Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausH

I had these thin vertical lines also for a while in various crop modes after start up the camera. They disapeared after entering the Canon menue. Different leneses didn't have an effect. Exemerimenting with the settings in the Overly tab made it dissapear. My settings are Global Draw: LiveView and Waveform: Small. All else switched off.

With the new awesome feature of the 10x magnification I get vertikal green tinted areas after using it. It is recorded on the file. It disappears after entering the ML menue. This also in crop mode. For me the 10x display is essential to focus so I am using it anyways.  Before I had to change in photo mode and back...

It's anyways amazing what you are getting out of this small camera!

Danne

Quote from: KlausH on July 25, 2019, 08:39:23 AM
With the new awesome feature of the 10x magnification I get vertikal green tinted areas after using it. It is recorded on the file. It disappears after entering the ML menue. This also in crop mode. For me the 10x display is essential to focus so I am using it anyways.  Before I had to change in photo mode and back...

It's anyways amazing what you are getting out of this small camera!
Thanks for reporting. Probably all regs are not falling into place after usage, not sure but will look into it.

Edit: also. Could you upload a file which shows the issue? I want to see if it's not simply 10bit lossy bitdepth affecting recordings.

KlausH

Yes, here's a link to a MLV file that was recorded after using the 10x magnification:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y1ifqSyAKEs6TasbMDO59PEG6AETT0sI/view?usp=sharing

Forgot to mention that I am mostly using 14bit lossless and reduced framertes (12-20fps). As mentioned before the recorded image is clear after entering the ML menue.

Danne

Thanks. Is this happening with 3k preset? Maybe it´s an issue only with x5 zoom modes in conjunction with x10 focus aid? Do this happen with x1 modes too? Or maye it´s related to fps override? Working better with fps override to off?

KlausH

The sample was recorded with the following video settings:
PS override: 16 fps
Crop mode 3k, 3032x1436 (Is this 3k preset?)
RAW video: ON, 2736x1244

I tested a bit more with lower resolutions in both 2.5k modes with fps override on and off and it looked both clean. In 3k mode fps override off, didn't even showed a preview (only white screen). With fps override I get a frame preview.

Danne

Hm, test should be done in 3k and with preview set to framing. If something is strange a restart should help. It seems the issue can´t be reproduced all the time? Is this correct?

Danne

IkerKovach

hi everyone! i am new here, sorry for language, i'm from russia.
i'm using Danne's magic lantern configuration from 23th of July on my eos m, and when i'm recording 24fps mv1080 2.35:1 12bit raw, loading this to mlvapp in order to get cDNG, after this i am loading this to after effects to make "detail preserving upscale" and colorgrade, after this i'am using final render to h.264 for youtube and i am getting video track and audio track the same lenght, but audio isn't synchronized with picture. I need to make video track with 80% speed and move my audio track a little bit. Its very annoying. Of course, i'am not using this audio in final video, but i need it to synchronize with my other micro and a few other cameras. In every step i'am using in settings 24 fps (from mlvapp to AE, from AE cDNG to h.264).
what should i change? what's my misstake?

Apxub

Quote from: Danne on July 25, 2019, 09:29:49 PM
New version:
Danne, please make fast on/off waveform with a button push (up/left/right)

ngemu

ZEEK

A few people are mentioning line streaks across the live view during 2.5k. I haven't experienced it myself. Maybe menu is to be double pressed each time before recording to set configuration.
EOS M

Danne

Quote from: ngemu on July 26, 2019, 04:24:38 AM

Hi Danne, just played around with the latest build and wow, lines are still there but greatly improved.  :)

before
https://imgur.com/ednpgDP

after
https://imgur.com/Z4HYsiT

MLV
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ly6kXM9noiQNhdSSoCvL_BK0asHhlMwy/view?usp=sharing

Did you try this suggestion? I really can´t say what´s causing your issue.
Quote from: Danne on July 25, 2019, 07:37:49 AM
Interesting. Is it happening on every recording with this set up? If so you could test to find what is causing this. Maybe the villtrox, fps or something else.

Uploaded a new build with a few small changes.

Danne

Quote from: KlausH on July 25, 2019, 08:48:29 PM
The sample was recorded with the following video settings:
PS override: 16 fps
Crop mode 3k, 3032x1436 (Is this 3k preset?)
RAW video: ON, 2736x1244

I tested a bit more with lower resolutions in both 2.5k modes with fps override on and off and it looked both clean. In 3k mode fps override off, didn't even showed a preview (only white screen). With fps override I get a frame preview.

Problem is fps override with no ratio set under crop med sub menu.
Expect unexpected results when using fps override and messing with reolutions in RAW video menu along with my presets in crop rec. I did not account for these conflicts but choose to keep fixed presets in crop rec.c.
In KlausH case building a fixed preset would be better.

KlausH

Yes, 10x focus aid works fine now in 3.k mode  :D

Danne

Quote from: IkerKovach on July 25, 2019, 10:05:11 PM
but i need it to synchronize with my other micro and a few other cameras.
Filming with a micro?

Danne

Quote from: KlausH on July 26, 2019, 09:34:08 AM
Yes, 10x focus aid works fine now in 3.k mode  :D
Fixed now. New upload.

lightspeed

anyone experience dark bands across the image. Only noticeable in dark areas.

DarkCAL

@lightspeed Not here using ML build July26
Downloaded it yesterday without testing
Shot some footage today
I'll post some test footage

DarkCAL

Test footage shot earlier today with my EOS-M anamorphic run & gun rig
New to ML, motion and anamorphic
But slowly getting there
Have to say that the EOS-M is an impressive performer
And thanks @Danne for all the effort
Impressive what you are doing !
This was shot using ML Build July26 in mv1080p rewire and upscaled to 4K
Plain RAW footage
Just added some sharpness

https://youtu.be/c3vNkkTXNRU

ricardopt

Hi everyone, running the latest version here as of today, im having issues with 4.5k rewired or not, i followed some suggestions by Danne but i still cant have 16:9 or 2.39 clean footage without pink frames, can anyone share any "trick", some users said to use 2.35 aspect ratio, to me 2.35 is more of a "cinematic aspect ratio" not a "daily aspect ratio"

Thanks for any help with this

Danne

Use 5k anamorphic preset and set it to 2.39:1 ratio.
Also a fast sandisk card freshly formatted. Extreme pro or similar.

DarkCAL

masc

Quote from: DarkCAL on July 29, 2019, 05:32:55 AM
The rest has the red dots
Never had problems with those before
Without a short sample (MLV) nobody can tell something about your red dots.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ctfire

Quote from: DarkCAL on July 28, 2019, 07:02:57 AM
Test footage shot earlier today with my EOS-M anamorphic run & gun rig
New to ML, motion and anamorphic
But slowly getting there
Have to say that the EOS-M is an impressive performer
And thanks @Danne for all the effort
Impressive what you are doing !
This was shot using ML Build July26 in mv1080p rewire and upscaled to 4K
Plain RAW footage
Just added some sharpness

https://youtu.be/c3vNkkTXNRU

Hey, and what lens do you on this shot

Danne

New build:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- startoff preset function to get fast into a working recording state(thanks Jip-Hop for feedback)

todo: Need help to assign a shortcut button into the preset menu. For instance select menu and open up the startoff menu by pushing INFO button. Any help here would be welcome.

Also: When assigning a startoff preset a few Crop mode menu items are modified. Exactly which check the Crop mode section before and after selecting or check in crop_rec.c code.