Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2blackbar

3x halfshutter toggle doesnt work in this and previous one.But i get the message that photo is not possible in zoom mode when i press shutter button all the way.
With build from july 11 toggle 3x works fine.

masc

x3zoom works with trashcan. x10zoom with halfshutter.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

thanks, i forgot it was changed
How i can map ISO selector to one of the buttons on camera, i had it as trashcan from canon menu, now i cant change iso that easily cause im locked out of it by 3x trashcan toggle, my -/+ button is unused.

ZEEK

Quote from: Danne on July 20, 2019, 06:21:24 AM
Examples please @marcelolippi.
@ZEEK Not quite following you here, x10 xoom works the same with all presets. Press halfshutter to activate it. Could you elaborate?

I just mean when you want real time preview in 2.5k, 4k or 5k modes through a half press shutter to view the correct framing, it will instead go into x10 zoom. Unless there is an alternayive key that can be set. No big deal here, though great stuff with the auto ISO.
EOS M

Danne

Yeah, I guess one has to start off in framing preview mode when using x10 zoom in x5 modes. Or else no correct framing at all.

I put up a new build again. Refined previewing(autoiso)
Starting to dig autoiso quite a lot...

ricardopt

Hi everyone

Ive been unable to get rid of the pink frames using the 4.5k lua script, 16:9, 2.35 or 2.39 doesnt matter which resolution i choose, is it possible for anyone that had sucess at this resolution to share their settings, i purchased a 128gb sandisk extreme pro sdcard thinking the card i was using was at fault but same thing happens, i have kill global draw enabled, some kind of log shows up with codec error etc, in 1080 rewired theres no pink frames.

Thanks

Danne

Run the lua script. Once it´s done swith to the 5k anamorphic preset instead. Now you should be in 2.39:1 but not in rewired mode. Don´t enable the Kill global draw option since you won´t have framing preview to work with.

ricardopt

Thanks, just done a quick test with 5 short recording, 4 were clean, 1 had kind of strobing pink frames, 2am here, will format and clean install ml in the morning.

thanks

Danne

Quote from: 2blackbar on July 20, 2019, 10:57:16 PM
How i can map ISO selector to one of the buttons on camera, i had it as trashcan from canon menu, now i cant change iso that easily cause im locked out of it by 3x trashcan toggle, my -/+ button is unused.
How are you accessing magic lantern menu if trash can button is assigned to iso?
I guess set button is a good alternative to trash can when it comes to x3 zoom.

rinski

Hello, I'm new I would like to know if you can install the firmware 2.0.2 if the machine when it comes with version 2.0.3 of canon to install the latest magic latern, thank you.

Stousen

Quote from: Danne on July 20, 2019, 12:15:39 PM
New build, usual place:

- Autoiso now have a few friends

EDIT: uploaded new build again. Fixing automation conflict.

Super nice Danne, tack så jäkla much for your work. You're the man.

//Chris

2blackbar

Im using 2 finger tap to enter ML but once i set everythin in ML menus i dont need to enter that often, so i just adjusted ISO with trashcan button because thats the only one i can map to iso selector in canon menu, set
or +/- would be good for me, where i can change that ?
Id prefere not to change iso from within ML menu cause once i enter ML menu i have to go to video settings, then go down to enter iso and then adjust... too many steps, trashcan for changing iso was quite convenient. So i was wondering why theres no maximum iso setting in autoiso and there it is, it works fine but sometimes handy button to set iso manually helps.

Danne

Quote from: 2blackbar on July 20, 2019, 10:57:16 PM

Selectable button:

New build posted:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

2blackbar

Works great, just tested it ! Thanks a lot !

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: berechiah on July 21, 2019, 02:51:35 PM

this isn't FB with notifications, so you'll have to check back from time to time ;) Just thought i'd let you know rather than you wait for info updates that never come.

hokinari

hi guys! I have some artifacts in all my footages, how to fix that??
There is no problems in live view when i grade it in MLV app, but when I render it's appear. screenshot of my settings and test footage are linked bellow
I shooted on eos m
mv1080p MCM rewire profile RAWvideo on
Bit Rate(CBR) up to 1.2x
memory card -  SDXC 64Gb Kingston Canvas React UHS-I U3 V30 A1 (100/80 Mb/s)
there is some footages - drive.google.com/open?id=1gPLcpOIqcCvMoTxocV2MjxyJip3bXaJF

henricusmaria

@hokinari why do you have the bitrate at 1.2x?

masc

@hokinari: could we get the MLV for analysis?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

New upload:

- Fast iso access through INFO(eosm)/SET(100d) button. Push it to quickly walk through iso starting from 100 to 3200

hokinari

@henricusmaria Cause I thing it gives me higher bitrate
Actually problem was solved by changing debayer mode LMMSE to Receipt configuration
@mask Ml file in folder directed from he link - drive.google.com/open?id=1gPLcpOIqcCvMoTxocV2MjxyJip3bXaJF

masc

Quote from: hokinari on July 22, 2019, 05:15:43 PM
@henricusmaria Cause I thing it gives me higher bitrate
Actually problem was solved by changing debayer mode LMMSE to Receipt configuration
@mask Ml file in folder directed from he link - drive.google.com/open?id=1gPLcpOIqcCvMoTxocV2MjxyJip3bXaJF
Bitrate is for compressed (H.264) recording. Using RAW it has no effect.
Ah, you used LMMSE (your screenshot showed AMaZE)... that explains all: LMMSE & EOS M RAW file is a bad combination (whyever). It is a known bug, but I have no idea why it happens. If someone else has an idea, please let me know. It seems to come out of the LMMSE "library"/source code file.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Uploaded a new version. Bugs was happening with iso climb preset so took it out for the time being. Recommended to redownload the latest.

EDIT: Workaround isoclimb hopefully working for eosm and 100d. 5D3, todo.

ngemu

Quote from: Danne on July 19, 2019, 12:08:18 PM
Very strange indeed. Maybe sensor is broken? Probably not. Could you do test with and without the viltrox adapter? Also try to find a way to safely reproduce the issue if possible. Thanks.

Hi Danne. I was able to reproduce the same vertical line using the efm 18-55mm kit lens. I originally had this while using a canon 35mm is lens with viltrox adapter.  It seems to only appear when I use the 2.5k mode.

With this example, the lines disappear using the '''pattern noise on'' feature but it also induces other artifacts into the footage. This did not work with some other videos I had with these vertical lines though.

Settings
fps - 23.976
crop mode - 2.5k 2520x1418
x3 crop toggle - on
set 25fps - on
raw - 1736x976
aspect ratio - 16:9
data format: 14-bit lossless

Screenshot
https://i.imgur.com/ednpgDP.jpg

MLV sample link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WM0aihrhb5Xx2Iq0aANcRrzDSPF1GEDb/view?usp=sharing

Danne

Interesting. Is it happening on every recording with this set up? If so you could test to find what is causing this. Maybe the villtrox, fps or something else.