Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Do we need this for other cams? The DSLRs have a "+" button to toggle...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

There's something else with eosm sharing trash can with pressing down. Not sure buttons are "longpress" sensitive.

masc

One finding with July16 version: focus aid gets very bright when active, sometimes too bright (all white). When releasing halfshutter normal preview is also too bright, but after a second it normaizes again. Tested in MCM rewire.
Edit: moaaah... found it. Auto-ISO is the reason.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Haha, autoiso. Second time you fall into that trap ;)

masc

Yes, right. It works too good in MCM rewire mode. Only for x10zoom it doesn't.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Jip-Hop

Quote from: Danne on July 16, 2019, 12:26:15 PM
There's something else with eosm sharing trash can with pressing down. Not sure buttons are "longpress" sensitive.

I think you can find which keys are long press sensitive in the Lua api docs: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/lua_api/modules/constants.html#KEY

Keys that have the unpress state can be used for long press.

Danne

Yes sure but not behaving as smoothly as halfshutter press  :P. If you can build a function that we can use please let me know.

Danne

New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

- focus aid "dark mode" preset. For when being in darker areas. Will brighten preview when in x10 zoom)

mix_vfx

Hi!

Just an observation, when using HDMI out, and 4K Anamorphic mode, I get slightly less pink frames, if I just do a clean install, set it to 4K ANA in crop mode, exit ML menu, enter Canon menu, exit, rather then running the cinema script. Just thought, maybe worthy to look at. I'd love to use a field monitor when doing 4k : )))

Danne

Do you mean you select the 5k anamorphic mode instead after running the script? Should be a little better regarding pink frames and it's the same resolution.

We could test out a resolution which could aim for corruptionfree hdmi out recording. Let me know if interested. First tell me exact setting for the preset you got better recordings with.

masc

Tried your new darkmode. Works fine here. How is it done? Activating Auto-ISO? :P muhaha. When activating the zoom, preview framerate seems to be lower than normal... looks like ~10fps?!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Jip-Hop

That's how it works I think! Lower shutter speed, lower fps. Not auto iso for sure  :P

By the way how do you post process auto iso recordings? I read that the transition looks smooth on screen while recording but isn't smooth when playing back in DaVinci Resolve.

Danne

Auto iso is a nogoooo  :P
I reduce fps to 7fps. There´s also display regs that can push preview so I do both:
static inline uint32_t reg_override_x10_eosm(uint32_t reg, uint32_t old_val)
{

/* dark mode */
   if (zoomaid == 0x2)
   {
*(volatile uint32_t*)0xc0f06014 = 0xc71;
*(volatile uint32_t*)0xc0f140c0 = 0xb0;
   }

return 0;
}

masc

AutoISO was just a joke. Okay, interesting. Nice tool.
I had never an issue with AutoISO in MCM rewire regarding bad footage... so I use it here and there. But some features in camera don't like it, as we see  ;D
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Just tested autoiso. It´s only auto when not recording right? Once starting ro record it statys in whatever iso was selected?

masc

Correct. It is auto when preparing, but is fixed while recording.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Yeah, also noticed how it jumped to iso 6400 when doing the x10 zoom. I guess the workaround closing and opening liveview with rewired mode confuses autoiso a bit  :P

ZEEK

In the normal Canon menu, you can set your Max ISO to 400 and it won't go above that, even with the x10 zoom.
EOS M

Danne

Cool, where exactly? Being lazy here, can´t find the setting. Got it. Needed to be done in photo mode.
EDIT: hm, doesn´t seem to work with movie mode though.

ZEEK

Yeah, that's odd. A few months back I was practicing vlogging with this camera and in auto ISO, it would adjust the ISO Accordingly in the video mode but wouldn't go above ISO 400 as Max. Looking at it now for some reason, Auto ISO won't even work in video mode :(
EOS M

anto

it possible to have in cam monitor when external monitor is connected?
3k and 4k there isn't any preview?

anyway, bravi ragazzi  8) , i'm gonna shot a short movie with this piccola beast in the next month

Danne

Monitor will steal cpu. Most likely cause pink frames.
3k and 4k only framing preview.
Good luck on filming

Jip-Hop

Tried latest build today. Can't do extensive testing from my vacation, also won't have access to computer for two weeks so only briefly played back some recordings in camera. Noticed some pink frames but not too many.

Noticed camera freezing quite a lot with 4k rewire preset and the 10x focus helper on half shutter press. Both standard and dark mode. Had to disable the feature. Seems to work much better in 2.5k mode.

Also had the camera get stuck on shutdown a few times. Would be stuck at sensor cleaning and only opening the battery door would actually shut it down.

Danne

Manual focus on or autofocus? X10 only with manual mode especially with rewired mcm stuff.
If you could find what's causing the issue it'd be great.

Jip-Hop

I was using vintage M42 lenses on Viltrox speedbooster. Sorry can't be of much help for the next two weeks. Don't have my camera with me either starting today.