Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Quote from: berechiah on June 18, 2019, 01:03:23 AM
Got it figured out after all.
I went trough the whole form and found step by step instructions how to put the .fpm files in the mlvapp and mlvfs

Also I looked an 3x3 in the mlvapp dose not take away any quality from what I noticed

Sorry its very simple stuff for you guys but it was a great to finally get time to get it sorted.

Thanks for the advice
Could you tell, what exactly the problem was? Regarding MLVApp I really don't know how to make it more clear and easier... so would be cool to hear what the problem was. In MLVApp: Help->Help you find this:
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

berechiah

No you did explain it perfect

But I was able to use the mlvapp and mlvfs to remove focus dots before.

But it seems one day after updating my eos m firmware the focus dots came back
In mlvfs the focus dots was always there from what i remember until months later I found out I can ad the fpm file to mlvfs and remover focus dots.
But it also came back once I updated

But the mlvapp was perfect until I updated the eos ml update

So Danne suggest to update the Dfort pixel map when he updated the ml file

So I needed to find the files
I did and I put them in the app and mlvfs
I found it in the end

Look I am kinda tec savvy when using it and troubleshooting but some of these things go way over my head.

Hope I explain it ok

But its working now 100%

ricardopt

Just passing trough just to say that im trying out the latest version with the 4k anamorphic mode and the video quality that this "old/small mirrorless" camera can produce with its specs... just  fu... blows my mind ... thanks everyone :)

ZEEK

Hey all, I've been really impressed with the ML Build June 14th. No crazy focus dots, no need to enable chroma smooth, maps, fix bad pixels or even focus dots in MLV App.

Crop Mode
- MCM Rewire
- Bitdepth = 10bit
- Ratios = 16:9 or OFF (to increase max resolution in 1:2)

RAW Video:
- Resolution - 1736x976
- Aspect Ratio - 1:2 (16:9)
- Card Warm-Up 64 MB
- Small Hacks - af on
- Sound Recording - OFF

Just thought I'd share. Surprised there are "zero" focus pixels and that no chroma smooth etc. is needed. Just drop and edit.
EOS M

Danne

Great. Looking forward to your next movie :)

ZEEK

Been testing 4K Anamorphic Rewired, no focus pixels either or need for chroma smooth. Thanks for the builds! 
EOS M

ricardopt

I've uploaded it, work limits the time i have available, it was a short test.

berechiah

It's fine

U did a good Job

I am not that good at these things but I'm learning

berechiah

Hi guys

How to I get the mini menu up on the eos m

Like the photo on the website
https://www.magiclantern.fm/img/eosm.png

baladev

marcelo.lippi

Guys, working with 4.5k 2.35: 1 aspect I can apply the mask of focus points of dfort or only with the formats rewired, mcm, 16: 9 etc. Help me, maybe I don't understand, thanks

Danne

Quote from: baladev on June 18, 2019, 05:22:18 PM
Press the Menu button while in ML.

Actually, that exits menu and back to liveview. Not sure why it´s not working. Feel free to investigate this issue further.

baladev

Quote from: Danne on June 18, 2019, 05:44:19 PM
Actually, that exits menu and back to liveview. Not sure why it´s not working. Feel free to investigate this issue further.
Crap. Sorry, you are right! 4 cameras with ML working slightly differently on all of them can get a man confused  ::)
This explains my annoyance when I get this screen on my other cameras - I expect to exit ML as with EOS M but instead I get this...

Danne

What´s that menu even called? Also, what compilation works differently with the menu button?

berechiah

Lol
It looks like a handy menu

But I pressed evry botton every way but dotn know how to get it up

It's not important though but it would be nice to have

Danne

CHecked some. Seems to be called junkie menu. It´s supposed to be defined in features.h. However. Defining it doesn´t get it to work. I guess one needs some digging here.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8741.0

baladev

Quote from: Danne on June 18, 2019, 06:13:30 PM
What´s that menu even called? Also, what compilation works differently with the menu button?

Hmm.. just checked. 5Dm3 exits ML upon pressing Menu but 7D goes into this menu, which has two different screens - one with fewer bigger buttons and the other one with more buttons of smaller size. Pressing Menu cycles ML - sceen 1 - screen 2 - ML. The build is https://bitbucket.org/ArcziPL/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2019Mar07.70D112_crop_rec_4k_mlv_lite_lossless.zip

Danne

Nice. I'll have a look later. Probably onle needs to bbe defined in features.h in eosm platform so if you can compile try and define it there.

Danne

Added a possibility to add back junkie menu into the eosm:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/commits/d283181580d93c04acf86c57ee9093ebef182afc

Inside the platform folder for eosm define this in features.h then compile your own version or ask for someone to help you out on this. I will not include it to my ongoing builds for the time being:
#define FEATURE_JUNKIE_MENU

ricardopt

was trying the new timelapse option in 4k anamorphic, let the eosm record for 6 minutes, choose 3fps, when opening the mlv in mlvapp it showed that the video has a duration of 6 minutes, it seems i need to speed up the video after.

masc

Quote from: ricardopt on June 19, 2019, 01:46:00 PM
was trying the new timelapse option in 4k anamorphic, let the eosm record for 6 minutes, choose 3fps, when opening the mlv in mlvapp it showed that the video has a duration of 6 minutes, it seems i need to speed up the video after.
Right. In MLVApp's export settings dialog, choose fps override and export to whatever you need. Then the clips becomes shorter.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ricardopt

I know a camera is not a smartphone, on my phone it records @30fps, i select to take a pic every 3 seconds, if i do this for 6 minutes i'll have a 5 second video @30fps.

Danne

Yes, the preset is designed like this. It will use a 7fps wrapper if I recall correctly. This is because we then don´t need the major lag that otherwise will happen. Only when recording the fps is changed to the lower one but still with the 7fps wrapper. If you experiment some in Mlv App you should be able to get what you want in post.

ricardopt

i dont have much time now (work starts in a bit) but the final timelapse video is the same as a normal video recording for 6min, no difference at all.