Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Wohoo. Fantastic. Looking forward to the final result.

AF-OFF

@Danne - having problems with the May 02 build regarding card formatting.
everything as usual until I choose "format card" from canon menu. normally card was formatted and cam restarted automatically , but now there are two different errors - firstly, if the card was formatted successfully,  ML does not get restored. second variant is, the card doesn't format and after restarting, ML is gone also and cards name now is "Untitled".
Did test this several times to be sure, never had this before.
Back to build April 11

Thanks  & Best to You Danne. 

Danne

Is it related to rewired mode? What if crop rec and raw video is turned off?

EDIT: Tested here and seems to work as before both with mcm rewired on or off.

AF-OFF

Quote from: Danne on May 06, 2019, 02:47:44 PM
Is it related to rewired mode? What if crop rec and raw video is turned off?

EDIT: Tested here and seems to work as before both with mcm rewired on or off.
I've been setting to 2.5k 1:1, which is nice to use @ 1920x1080
I like to format the card before doing new recording, because otherwise there seems to be more likely corrupt frames.

EDIT: in the April 24 build, with the 2.5k 1:1 the 1920x1080 setting has to be "activated"
after restart with going and leaving the ML menu, otherwise the res is not that one. in May 02 this is fixed somehow, like in the April 11 build.
just tested April 11 build again, there its working and I am able to format the card

EDIT 2:
tested again (MAY 02) with mcm rewire - activated only crop rec, mlv lite, mlv sound and sd uhs
after restart did a short recording and then tried to format the card. formatting starts and at the end it hangs a while, then a message appears - cannot format the card.

Danne

Ok, reproduced. It´s related to sd_uhs module. I changed a routine in that code lately cause it fixed issues with 70D and 100D. I will take a look. Meanwhile, just stay off formatting if sd_uhs is enabled.

AF-OFF

Nice
thanks a lot for Your awesome work!

AF-OFF

unfortunately its the same as before. cannot format card....ML gone
this was with the 2.5k 1:1 preset - but nice that the 1920x1080 is there right from beginning
tried also with the default mcm - again - "cannot format change card"

Danne

Yes, very strange. Will probably need to go back to older routines around sd_uhs. Will do some more testing later.
By the way. Did you do a clean install with the new build or did you simply copy the new file onto the card? If so try to install fresh.

AF-OFF

@Danne - check the answer in  Your commit

EDIT : Yes, clean install with FW update in photo mode
EDIT 2 : the erased card (untitled) still exfat, so the card is formatted but not bootable anymore. must do FW update otherwise no ML

Danne

Yes, noticed. Put up another build so please test.

EDIT:
Hm, seems harder than I thought. Could be something else related to sd_uhs so no quick fixes here it seems.

AF-OFF

Danne

Ok, went back to more or less the same sd_uhs code as in april 11th build. Seems to work at least for eosm. Thanks for tests AF-OFF.

AF-OFF

Yes with the old sd_uhs module its working as usual

Could anyone with 70D or 100D please test this too? maybe this helps Danne a bit somehow....

Danne

Well, bleeding edge. Be happy the cams aren't burning up.
Any tests here is unknown territory to me. I expect similar issues as on eosm.
Recommend eosm users to redownload todays build.

liuk718

Hi all,anyone knows how to continue recording video automatically after current clip stopped without push recording button again?

2blackbar

my canon m totally hangs on may7 build when card is full and i change shuter speed from clean install .Had to pull battery.
Other card not full works fine.
Deleted one file, works ok.

Danne

Quote from: 2blackbar on May 07, 2019, 04:54:16 PM
my canon m totally hangs on may7 build when card is full and i change shuter speed from clean install .Had to pull battery.
Other card not full works fine.
I have no idea what you are telling me. Please try and reproduce the issue a couple of times and if what you are saying is true describe the exact steps how to reproduce.

2blackbar

I just recorded raw files until card is full, then installed new build by deleting old folders besides raw files and copied new ml files.
When i tried to change shuter speed from 33 to something else then camera hanged - i could not press anything from now on , menu was locked on shutter speed and i couldnt get out, i think ML wasnt loaded fully when card was full and that caused some issues but thats just assumptions.
By deleting one file and releasing free space on card the problem disappears.
--
tested again, just recorded file again on almost full card, when it went full i restarted camera, when trying to change shutter speed camera hangs.
I mean its not a big deal cause i cant record more to the card anyway but the behaviour is definitely there and easy to reproduce.
Also maybe its happening not only with may7 build , i just only noticed this now by accident.

Danne

If I understand you correctly this behaviour comes when your card is full. Has nothing to do with the latest build? Well, if so, I think you know the answer here yourself.

2blackbar

chrispwilliams

Anybody else getting weird pink lines in the centre of their frame?
Getting this with latest build and in all crop modes.

Danne

Download daniel fort´s pixel map files and place them inside Mlv App inside MacOS folder if you´re on mac.
https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/ml-focus-pixels/downloads/

These files:
https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/ml-focus-pixels/src/default/focus_pixel_map_files/

If that isn´t working select chroma smoothing 3x3, should clear focus pixels more or less completely.