Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

@Larouso: I tried to reproduce, also on windows. But here it works fine for my MCM rewire testclip and this fpm file. So I need your MLV file (maybe shortend is enough, please try) to debug. Maybe some more info would be nice to have too (which windows, which MLVApp version (32bit, 64bit, v?.?).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Larouso

I uploaded short MLV file that does not work on my site as long as I have the map file placed in the same folder as the exe. If I relocate the map file the mlv is opened up just fine.
https://ln.sync.com/dl/6f7dff240/wf93hqtf-xde3ktj4-p8enfdfb-4737m5qh
(hope sharing the mlv in that way is all right) - 12.4 MB

I`m using win 10, MLV 1.5; 64 bit version (MLV.App.v1.5.Win64.static.zip)
Let me know if I can provide any further info.

Thanks a lot for looking into it.

dfort

@Larouso - Your file works fine over here and the focus pixel map file is also working. MLV.App.v1.5.OSX.zip on macOS Mojave 10.14.3.

masc

@Larouso: thanks for the file. No problem on OSX here (10.9). Have to wait some days until I can test on a windows system. Have you tried 32bit build? Does it crash too, if you do the same? I tried with one of my files on 32bit windows version yesterday and it worked fine.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

MLV App 1.5 vs MLV App compiled (Mojave 10.14.3) on 3/2/2019 shows @dfort's magic w his latest focus pixel map files FTWAC...

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Larouso

Quote from: masc on March 02, 2019, 10:24:42 AM
@Larouso: thanks for the file. No problem on OSX here (10.9). Have to wait some days until I can test on a windows system. Have you tried 32bit build? Does it crash too, if you do the same? I tried with one of my files on 32bit windows version yesterday and it worked fine.

@masc/dfort:
Alright, then it seems the problem is on my PC - or in front of the PC :) ... thanks for looking into it anyway!
I will also check out the 32 BIt Version as well and give feedback.

masc

Quote from: Larouso on March 02, 2019, 02:00:08 PM
@masc/dfort:
Alright, then it seems the problem is on my PC - or in front of the PC :) ...
:) Don't think so. No matter what you do - MLVApp should not crash. Especially on Windows we have the biggest problem. For every smallest bug in MLVApp, on Windows it crashs, on OSX it is more tolerant.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Larouso

Quote from: masc on March 02, 2019, 03:43:38 PM
:) Don't think so. No matter what you do - MLVApp should not crash. Especially on Windows we have the biggest problem. For every smallest bug in MLVApp, on Windows it crashs, on OSX it is more tolerant.

In fact it works under the latest (v1.5) 32bit version of MLV App. I can load the file, edit it, export it, go frame by frame... how ever occasionally also MLV 32 bit crashes if I hit play.

tcannon

I'm not sure where to look for my answer but it has been without success. Is there a way to get the 60fps with 1080p video quality? I realize native in the camera it is only with 720p that this can be done, but I wonder how, if possible, to change the settings with ML to achieve the higher quality?

ctfire

Hi everyone , finaly get my speedbooster for eos-m , and shoot with it , and one of the latest buid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az63zZQpoeI , everything is filmed on iso 800 , 48fps preset.

Danne

AF-OFF

just tested Danne's march 03 build.
have some broken frames in 2.5k and mv1080p MCM modes.
also all 2.5k clips have the right side of the frame damaged.
please see first screenshot below

also tested the feb 28 build before, where the MCM mode with 3x crop was without damage . couldn't activate the 2.5k mode. see further down more about it. this did eventually work again after changing from MCM preset back to 2,5k preset.  clean 2.5k recording

Many thanks to Danne and others!

using the feb 28 build, if 2.5k preset is active, a 1800x1200 x3 gives a nice clean image, see next MLV app screenshot. didn't noticed that res before. couldn't increase the res further.
the mcm preset records also well without damage at 1624x1080 and 12bit lossless

Danne

I can´t reproduce your issues. in feb28th build I changed cmos4 so if anything should affect footage it could be that but then again you say that it works.
When checking your 2.5k screenshot it says 17fps? What´s up with that? If you changed fps override it might be the reason to your issues. You could have better luck increasing reg_6014 in the crop mode sub menu.
I recently also added adtg_gui into this build since I use it a lot and don´t want to add it after compilation etc. This module should not be turned on if not using it. Just a tip.
Thanks, and I would gladly hear about more test results.

masc

Quote from: Larouso on March 02, 2019, 09:59:20 PM
In fact it works under the latest (v1.5) 32bit version of MLV App. I can load the file, edit it, export it, go frame by frame... how ever occasionally also MLV 32 bit crashes if I hit play.
I tested with both windows versions here, but unfortunately I can't reproduce some errors. Works as it should without crash.  :o
If you like to help the project getting better, you could install Qt and start the debugger. The debugger will tell (hopefully) at which line the program crashes.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

AF-OFF

Quote from: Danne on March 04, 2019, 07:01:27 AM
I can´t reproduce your issues. in feb28th build I changed cmos4 so if anything should affect footage it could be that but then again you say that it works.
When checking your 2.5k screenshot it says 17fps? What´s up with that? If you changed fps override it might be the reason to your issues. You could have better luck increasing reg_6014 in the crop mode sub menu.
I recently also added adtg_gui into this build since I use it a lot and don´t want to add it after compilation etc. This module should not be turned on if not using it. Just a tip.
Thanks, and I would gladly hear about more test results.
thanks Danne, Yes I did have had the adtg_gui module loaded (in both versions) &
did reduce fps to 17 to record continuously
just loaded the march04 build. did load the modules crop-rec, lua, mlv-lite, mlv-snd & sd-uhs
did set sd overclock script to autoload, enabled raw video and activated the crop rec preset 2.5k, restarted camera.
2.5k preset active, raw video shows 1920x1080, changed to 2520x1418. in crop mode changed bitdepth to 12bpp. restarted camera again. could not get more than 2-3 secs clips. changed preset bit depth to 10bpp, again did restart cam. no more than two seconds clips again. in raw video reduced to 1920x1280. recording ok. increased to 2240x1418. got some more frames, but not continuous.
Checking the clips in mlv app - everything looks fine ,and the two modes run continuously (round about 50MB/s) 1920x1080 14bpp lossless & 1920x1280 10 and 12bpp lossless.
Tried to go with 2520x1418 and 10,12 & 14bpp lossless but reduced framerate.
set the above res and changed to 18fps, restarted cam
did record with 10bpp, as usual the first 2 clips were 1-2 secs, but the next went continuously. changed mode in crop rec q submenu to 12bpp, restarted cam
but no longer recording possible so changed fps to 15 fps and did a restart.
now the first recording at 15 fps went continuous (...50 MB/sec)
changed the bitdepth in crop rec submenu to OFF, did restart cam,
on second attempt achieved continuos at 2,5k 14bpp and 15.017 fps
now , loaded the clips in mlv app and all clips were ok. no corrupted frames in ca 600 frames per recording.
summary 10bpp ok with 18fps (50MB), 12bpp (52MB) and 14bpp (55MB) at 15fps

will check the other presets soon
noticed nice moire regardless of bit depth.

Danne

I see you have some testing going on so keep on to find something that´s useful for you. You probably already know about the eosm_cine.lua script which sets all parameters for continuous 2.35:1 recordings which should work for all presets.

alzubi

Hey thanks for all the great work Danne and everyone else! I usually just lurk but had a question about external monitor use, I want to use my external monitor with the 5k anamorphic cine script. The only problem being that when I plug my monitor in the preview switches from framing which i prefer to live view which i dont want to use. Is there anyway to keep preview on framing when using an external monitor?

AF-OFF

@Danne
just tested the mcm 1080p preset with 2.35:1 1584x672 14bpp. first four tries didn't roll, then jumped to continuous, with GD off 44MB was reported green. dialed the resolution down to compare the footage with the 50d which has this limit of 1584 without crop.
yes this 2.35:1 is interesting.

I'm aware of the 2.35 script.  will try it again with the 2.5k crop mode. that would be quit a fit with HD1072 
with your march 04 build I am very happy, thank You very much! 

Danne

When you thought all hope was gone getting even more extreme aliasing:
MLV:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/xtreme_aliased_2.0_M05-0849.MLV

I experimented with a reg that pops out when taking a cr2
802C

So I set to following in crop rec.c:
adtg_new[2] = (struct adtg_new) {6, 0x800C, 4 + reg_800c};
adtg_new[2] = (struct adtg_new) {6, 0x802C, 0};

Then I need to adjust 713c and 7150 and increase to 450 in crop mode sub menu working with following menu preset:
mv720p 1736x694 50fps
Had to lower framerate to around 30 and after pushing canon menu button a couple of times I managed to get a correct mv720p image.
Not sure how this reg can help if ever but I thought I´d put it out there.

marcelolippi

Hi,
I installed your latest version and the magiclantern screen is empty, I'm back to the 23 Feb version. nothing, December, the same and that of July the same. Not being able to access the magic lantern menu can I install original firmware 2.0.2? thank you. PS previously up until the 23 Feb version worked well

Danne

Sorry, can´t follow what you´re doing. Could you make a video of what is going on or some screenshots/photos?. Latest version works here and also seems to be working for others(didn´t hear anything else).

Walter Schulz

I think it resembles what's happening with missing autoexec.bin. Cam stuck.

@marcelolippi:
Check card's root directory. It should look like this:
If all files and directories are there:
Remove battery.
Insert card.
Insert battery.
Startup cam.
Report back.

kayman1021

Hello Danne

I don't think your post had aliasing.
Your picture seemingly consists 4 pixel(2 pattern) wide columns
I think every second column is offset by 8 pixels.
Here's what it looks like reordered:

The keyboard keys are a bit blurry, but the icons on the desktop look fine. Was this a handheld shot?
Is this usuable at all?
EOS 100D, Xiaomi A1

DeafEyeJedi

A quick test run (Thanks @Danne for the build earlier 20 mins or so ago) and been trying to cause corruption frames to no avail other than certain abnormal aliasings and few pink highlights w Dual-ISO. Everything was shot in Lossless 10-bit @ ISO 3200 (ISO 100/1600 for Dual) within 11-20mm 2.8 for kicks.

...and what's up with those mysterious Focus Pixels? Hmmm... More to come...  :)
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

Dualiso is not the safest bet for movie recordings. Thanks for sharing @deafeyejedi.

New build:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959

I am playing around with HDR implemented in crop rec.c. Overriding cmos 0(idea from a1ex). It´s kind of working with all presets but it´s only in it´s infancy state so take it with a grain of salt. Halfpress shutter when in idle mode to preview flickery style, other wise it will be in one of the isos before starting record button and HDR kicks in. Thanks @masc for ideas and discussions of vsync function and what not :).

Known bugs: Framing will work but if used when recording it will break recording. Anyway, set to real time for the time being. Base iso static set to iso 100.