Danne's crop_rec_4k experiments for EOS M

Started by Danne, December 03, 2018, 06:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

I have a version for eosm2 that kind of worked with rewired and anamorphic mode. A bit buggy. Let me know if you want to test it.

berechiah

Danne

Try to press canon menu and go back when you see the blink. This is common procedure especially around rewired modes since regs are changed in more places.

berechiah

I did that I tried pressing the canon menu and every different setting

Like every bit rate
Fine tune on and off
Global draw on and off
Change the fps in the canon menu
Every different way I can think I spent a long time trying all different setting to make it go away

But it's still there

It's ok tho it would be nice to have it but if it odnt work its fine

ZEEK

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 10:53:03 AM
I have a version for eosm2 that kind of worked with rewired and anamorphic mode. A bit buggy. Let me know if you want to test it.

Would love to test it out, though the EOS M2 hasn't arrived yet. Should come in later this week. I'll give a shout out to you once it arrives and see how the build goes (fingers crossed).
EOS M

Romain182

Update on focus dots
Still have them on x3 crop
Same settings has before, only x3 crop enable

Danne

Quote from: berechiah on June 30, 2019, 01:15:20 AM
I'll do that
Ill take a video tomorrow and upload it to YouTube so you can see exactly what is happening
Reproduced. Most likely you have AF method set to tracking. Go into photo mode and set canon menu to FlexizoneAF. Then reinstall magic lantern and start fresh. When I set AF method to tracking it starts to flicker but it still would flicker even after changing back to FlexizoneAF so a reinstall or cleaning the config file would eventually cure the issue.

Romain182

Quote from: Romain182 on June 30, 2019, 12:50:15 PM
Update on focus dots
Still have them on x3 crop
Same settings has before, only x3 crop enable

I tryed the 14th June build i found somewhere in my download folder
Still the same...

I'm desperate

Zeek,
Is there anything special you does on your build settings ?
I totally remove the 28th June build before installing the 14h June,
just tweaking to get the same settings has yours and BOOM focus dots appears.

Danne

Dots they still can be there with x3crop mode and other modes. These maps needs updating every once in a while since resolutions and tweaks occur all the time at the time being...
Best way is for you to learn how they are build over at the focus pixel thread and then you can create your own maps.

berechiah

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 01:50:45 PM
Reproduced. Most likely you have AF method set to tracking. Go into photo mode and set canon menu to FlexizoneAF. Then reinstall magic lantern and start fresh. When I set AF method to tracking it starts to flicker but it still would flicker even after changing back to FlexizoneAF so a reinstall or cleaning the config file would eventually cure the issue.

Thanks Danne.
I did uninstall ml and I your right it was on focus tracking but it is still giving the weird preview

I dont mind its 36 fps perfect
It's not the end of the world if it dose not work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I didn't spend a load of time.Trying to figure it out. But I'm sure its something simple I'm missing

2blackbar

focus pixels can be removed in mlvapp if you use chroma smooth in raw corrections if focus pixels removal options in mlvapp wont work.For me sometimes they wont and i have to use chroma smooth, nothing to be worried about but good to know, if it works it works.
I dont believe there was build without focus pixels, sometimes they just arent visible that well depending on what you shoot and they appear again with the same build and settings if you shoot something else.

berechiah

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 01:50:45 PM

But really 48fps woth stretch view is fine

And 36fps normal view is perfect too

It is most likely working and I'm making a mess of something. I'll continue to spend time on it but of I can I'll do all I can to get it going

Thanks man
Your d best

Danne

Quote from: berechiah on June 30, 2019, 04:01:26 PM

Thanks Danne.
I did uninstall ml and I your right it was on focus tracking but it is still giving the weird preview

I dont mind its 36 fps perfect
It's not the end of the world if it dose not work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I didn't spend a load of time.Trying to figure it out. But I'm sure its something simple I'm missing
Well, I still think it´s related to this issue. Try uninstall and reinstall magic lantern in photo mode maybe after you have switched to flexizone. Like I said. It´s very stubborn.

berechiah

Hey so I just happened to stumble upon something

I am in 42fps and if I change the shutter speed to 64 I get clear view on the screen  if I go over 64fps
and if I go to 40fps I get clear view to 70fps if I go over 70fps it goes all wonky

Dose this sound right?
I think it is one step closer to finding the issue

Danne

Let's check you shutter blanking regs.
1 - disable all modules
2 - enable adtg_gui.mo restart camera
3 - find ADTG Registers and turn it on
4 - go into ADTG Registers and go to the bottom part until you find ADTG2[805F]N. Now stand on that register. Write down what it says at the bottom. Evf:33 and so on.
Do the same with register below ADTG2[8061]N.

You could probably use the Screenshot function if you are quick enough.

Jip-Hop

Quote from: Danne on June 29, 2019, 06:01:54 PM
All the way to the right you have a triangle ´modified´and in there you can get into fast toggle presets.
This menu is quite useful, but when the 3x mode is disabled, it won't show up in this menu. And toggling from here still isn't very quick. I thought maybe it's possible to trigger a Lua script when pressing the set or info button that would toggle the 3x crop setting and also enter and exit the canon menu.

I could try to base a script on your cine.lua script if there's a way to run a script from the set or info button.

Danne

berechiah

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 04:56:47 PM
1 - disable all modules
4 - go into ADTG Registers and go to the bottom part until you find ADTG2[805F]N. Now stand on that register. Write down what it says at the bottom. Evf:33 and so on.

Unfortunately I am not home yet I will be in about 2 hours I will definitely check it once I'm home and let you know straight away

Jip-Hop

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 05:13:41 PM
Probably works. Good luck :)

Made this script. Allows me to toggle between 3x crop mode with 2 key presses, info button and immediately after the menu button. Switching takes about 1 second. Didn't find a good way to exit the Canon menu after the first key.press(KEY.MENU). Tried adding msleep up to 2000 but it just didn't exit out of the Canon menu. What would be a reliable way to immediately exit the Canon menu?

Have this script set to autorun, but then it shows the console output: "[Lua] all scripts loaded." Any way to hide this?

-- ETC 

-- Toggle between 3x crop mode

-- end this script if not eosm
if camera.model_short ~= "EOSM" then
    display.notify_box("Script not working on this cam")
    msleep(2000)
    return
end

-- warnings
while camera.mode ~= MODE.MOVIE do
    display.notify_box("enable MOVIE mode")
    msleep(1000)
end   

function toggle_x3crop()
    -- crop mode
    if menu.get("Crop mode", "x3crop") == "x3crop" then
        menu.set("Crop mode", "x3crop", 0)
    else
        menu.set("Crop mode", "x3crop", "x3crop")
    end

key.press(KEY.MENU)
end

event.keypress = function(key)
    if key == KEY.INFO and menu.visible == false then
        toggle_x3crop()
        return false
    end
end

Danne

Nice. Will try it later. It would be nice to actually have a menu item base on lua which lines up a bunch of presets for fast acces. Still on todo list. Seems you are fast learning here so feel free to keep it up.

berechiah

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 04:56:47 PM
1 - disable all modules

ADTG2[805F] N  0x588 Shutter ... x40/f
Evf:33be8:40481b20 v=1868(0x74c) nrzi_dec=1416(0x588).

ADTG2[8061] N 0x425 Shutter ... x56/f
Evf:33be8:40481b24 v=1591(0x637) nrzi_dec=1061(0x425).

here is a link to the photo I took

berechiah

hope you can figure it out

You are a serious man if you have half an idea what this means
id love to know these things but they got way past me unfortunately

Danne

Thanks. Numbers are good so problem lies elsewhere. But where...

berechiah

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 11:18:56 PM
Thanks. Numbers are good so problem lies elsewhere. But where...

Seems similar to the issue before
Hight the frame rate the lower the shutter speed

But I have not a clue

Dont worry about it
I can beg 40fps thanks to u
And a shutter of 70
This is perfect tbh

The eos m is so advanced thanks to u

Jip-Hop

Is anybody using the SanDisk Extreme PRO - 256 GB - SDXC UHS-I - 95 MB/'s card? And is it any good for continuous recording?