EOS 600D won't boot with card

Started by ladiza, January 25, 2021, 10:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladiza

Hi, I used ML for a few days, but then suddenly I got an error and my camera froze. I removed battery and SD card and I wasn't able to boot it. So I formatted SD card in PC, but it didn't help. Now when I remove card and battery, then insert battery, I can boot camera, turn it on and off. But when I insert SD card, camera won't boot. SD card works in PC, no errors, but not in camera. Can I solve it with new SD card? Thanks

Walter Schulz

Having a spare card is generally speaking a good idea. Nothing fancy, no UHS-II. We have good results with SanDisk Extreme 170 MByte/s variety. Others may do, too.

In the meanwhile:
Format card in cardreader but apply NTFS file system.
Remove battery.
Insert card.
Insert battery.
Close compartment doors.

Report back results.

ladiza

Thanks for a reply. Already ordered UHS-I card.
Tried to format to NTFS and proceed with proposed steps but nothing happened.

ladiza

So my camera works with new SD card, but I would like to know if it was sd card problem. I used mobile card with adapter and also I had unoriginal battery could this be a problem? I really like some ML features, mainly focus peaking for my macro work and internal intervalometer, but I am a bit afraid that I will encounter some error again.

Walter Schulz

It is uncommon to have a card working with PC but unable to do anything in cam. In fact I have some SD-cards working the other way: Some physical damage to casing and laptop won't accept it. Cardreader works and cam, too.
Maybe give "SD memory card formatter" a try.

Battery has nothing to do with it.