Autofocus not working

Started by freddiedenner, December 29, 2020, 07:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddiedenner

After installing magic lantern on my Canon 5D mrk iii I lost my autofocus doing still photography. I check all settings but cannot find the solution.

Walter Schulz

Power off.
Remove battery
Insert battery and close compartment doors.
Press SET and keep it pressed.
Power on
Wait for camera startup to complete and release SET.
Retry and report.

flostro

freddiedenner

Hi Walter- i tried your suggestion without success. The problem started after I loaded Magic lantern. Using the camera for some years I know the settings very well. Both my lenses have the same problem.

I am of the opinion that a setting in ML is causing the problem or perhaps the version - please advice
I loaded ML version : crop_rec_4k.2018jul22.5D3123
Mercurial changeset : c1e44b8e0183(crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd)
Built on 2018-07-22 jenkins@niightly

Autofocus issue:
After doing some reading I discovered that might be my problem with autofocus. The firmware on my camera was 1.3.6 -  we downgraded it to 1.2.3. It also seams that the firmware is not properly updated as it asked please update. Trying to update it to the 1.2.3 it seems unsuccessful.  My conclusion is I will not be able to run ML and have no choice as to reinstall 1.3.6 again. Any other options from the group???

Regards Freddie

Draken_J35

It may sound dumb, but yes, flostro's theory may be true, it sometimes happens that you oversee the obvious and go around looking for obscure reasons to your issue...