Canon shutter redesign and a journalist is getting very, very excited ...

Started by Walter Schulz, December 22, 2020, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Wondering if Canon was bought by Apple lately because I have an "Apple Event" feeling about all of this:

https://www.techradar.com/news/canon-reimagines-the-shutter-button-say-hello-to-the-shutter-touchpad

Boy, how to get excited about reinventing the wheel ... if it is a wheel, after all.

coon

No, please no! Why does so many hardware gets ruined by these touch "innovations" these days? I can't imagine that a touch button will give a good feedback as a physical button does.
EOS RP

Danne

The same is happening with cars. Buttons are replaced with cheap digital screen solutions. Consumer marketing, hardly pro users, asking for these drawbacks.

71m363nd3r

I have the same feeling like on mobile phone when you pressing the shutter button on the display but it's f*king slowww on reaction and you miss the key moment because the OperatingSystem (android or iOS) is lag mode.
I simply prefer the feeling :)

Skinny

well.. what about winter use? :D I don't believe someone would really change the shutter button.. and I am totally against all touchscreens, it's just a consumer thing to save a few $ by not using real mechanical buttons.

kitor

Quote from: 71m363nd3r on December 22, 2020, 05:40:15 PM
I have the same feeling like on mobile phone when you pressing the shutter button on the display but it's f*king slowww on reaction and you miss the key moment because the OperatingSystem (android or iOS) is lag mode.

You know that most of current gen phones are shooting continuously and just saving last buffer status when you press the button?
Or even multiple frames and compute final image via stacking?

https://vas3k.com/blog/computational_photography/

I was blown away what my Z Flip can do during night. Until I zoomed in and saw some window frames doubled on building that was photographed.
It's still enough for most users. Even in journalism there's famous 'f/8 and be there' - capturing the moment is often more important that technical details / quality.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.