Take multiple shots with Intervalometer to overcome motion

Started by Leon, September 04, 2012, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

EDIT:  Sorry guys, I've just found I can already do this by using HDR with Intervalometer, but setting the exposure bracket to 0 EV.  I didn't realise there was a 0 EV option!

If I use Hi-Res Silent Picture with the Intervalometer then I have a problem if there is motion in the image, because the hi-res image is taken in panels that are out of sync with each other.  Even fast-moving clouds or blowing trees are a problem.  My solution to this would be to take several photos consecutively and average them, so it approximates one long shutter image.  This could also be used creatively, giving the effect of an ND filter.

In fact, why not have this as an option for "normal" silent images?  A pseudo-long-shutter option achieved by averaging several/many silent pictures?  You could also combine this with HDR, but it would be good to have it as an option without HDR.

Another time when multiple-shots intervalometer would be good is to be able to eliminate things from the scene, e.g. a timelapse of a beach, where a seagull flies across the scene or a child runs across.  If you have two images with them in different places in the frame, you can easily delete them with little effort.

Leon

Sorry guys, I've just found I can already do this by using HDR with Intervalometer, but setting the exposure bracket to 0 EV.  I didn't realise there was a 0 EV option!