Lost 25% of MLV files mid shoot, not showing up on card

Started by emclaur, November 19, 2020, 05:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emclaur

I'm hoping somebody can help me out on this one as it is for an important project.

At the moment I use the EOS M for most of my shoots--until I am able to upgrade--and I'm using ML on a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb card. I shot for two hours at a client's place, and 75% of the footage is there. However, there is a period of time where I know I shot at least several dozen clips, and they are simply GONE. Not there. The file count goes uninterrupted. It's as if I didn't shoot them at all (and trust me, I did). I have NEVER encountered this kind of issue before.

I haven't used Photorec in the past, it's kind of foreign territory for me, but I don't even know if it's applicable in this situation. I just think it's so strange that there would be absolutely no trace of them, despite the fact that I am absolutely certain that they were recorded at the time.

If anyone can solve the mystery of my missing files, I would be greatly appreciative!

Walter Schulz

mlv_lite doesn't write consecutive numbers. File naming is M<day>-<hour><min>.MLV (if possible)
You wrote "The file count goes uninterrupted". What do you mean by this? *.MLV, *.M00, *M01 ..?