5d3 windows users: card spanning and mlvfs together!

Started by 70MM13, November 15, 2020, 03:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70MM13

windows resolve users can now work with card spanning straight from the cards!

i combined the "lossless" version of mlvfs.exe with a newer version of dokan, and packaged it with my little batch file for "linking" 2 cards into one virtual drive, and added a readme file to provide step-by-step instructions.

once you are set up, you can take your 2 cards out of your 5d3, put them into your card reader, and resolve is ready to rock!

update (feb 2023) : Dokan version 1.0.3.1000 is recommended

zipped for your convenience:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApLIbwc4O9qTcXltp8brBpxcJcg?e=agxYB7

ChristianEOS

Christian Bruno James

names_are_hard

No.  The approach will, the specific files won't - this is written for batch, the cmd.exe language.

Danne

must be pretty similar to unix based mac ln -s command. Principle is so simple direct symbolic links to the same root folder and run conversion from there.

i.e:
mkdir -p tmpfolder

cd card 1
ln -s $(find . -iname '*.M*') tmpfolder

cd card 2
ln -s $(find . -iname '*.M*') tmpfolder

Not correct paths and so on but only an example.

Volumetrik

Thank you ! Very useful script. I was thinking about implementing something similar but with a copy functionality that takes any drive named EOS_DIGITAL and creates an agglomerate folder with the CF+SD and then calls for MLVFS. Your script is an excellent starting point.

70MM13

update (feb 2023) : Dokan version 1.0.3.1000 is recommended

a.sintes

this works perfectly, thanks a lot!
huge time saver in the workflow...
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

Jonneh

Hmm, this looked promising but I couldn't get it working (Dokan 1.0.3.1000 on Windows 10 x64). After a bit of digging, it turned out that it was the --resolve-renaming parameter that was causing an I/O error when trying to enter the mounted Dokan (Z:) drive and Resolve to crash when importing the drive as a source. Has that been a problem for anyone else? It doesn't seem so. Everything works fine with that parameter removed, and the clips load as image sequences in both Resolve and Premiere anyway, so I'm not sure it's necessary.

I'd love to get this working with Lightroom too for its new AI denoise function for clips that are really beyond the pale, but it tends to unmount the MLVFS-created drive as soon as one starts importing.

P.S. I naturally had to run the mlvlinks.bat script first for the process to work, although this doesn't appear in the readme. I ended up just adding the mlvfs.bat prompt to to the mlvlinks.bat script to complete both tasks with a single click.
5D3 / 100D

a.sintes

works perfectly here (same Doken & Windows OS), with or without the "resolve renaming" option (note the only visible difference when activated is that Resolve properly displays one media vignette per clip at the root of the mounted drive instead of a flat list of folders)
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?