Broken highlights

Started by Dmitriy84759, October 29, 2020, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmitriy84759

Hi!
Please help me. I newbie. Trying to rec some scenes with strong light (led or sun) and highlights begin to shine cyan. At MLVApp it look ok, how it must look, but when I export it into any format highlights transforming into cyan spot. What I doing wrong?
Here is sample mlv: https://yadi.sk/d/raCQbWzSsAWqvw
Here is sample of exported video with cyan shining: https://yadi.sk/i/CI1AMTWOpsGrdg
As you can see at the top right corner there is cyan light.

IDA_ML

1) Try to not blow up highlights - zebras could help a lot here;

2) If you blow up some highlight areas, (sometimes inavoidable), check Highlight reconstruction and then go to the RAW correction tab and slightly reduce the RAW white level.  The colored blown up areas will turn white and remain white after export.

masc

Looks like an debayer problem between your footage and the selected debayer. If you see in MLVApp a different image than in export, you probably have forced debayer algorithm in export settings to something else than the selected debayer from edit panel. I bet it has nothing to do with highlight reconstruction or RAW white level.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Dmitriy84759

Quote from: IDA_ML on October 30, 2020, 10:04:52 AM
1) Try to not blow up highlights - zebras could help a lot here;

2) If you blow up some highlight areas, (sometimes inavoidable), check Highlight reconstruction and then go to the RAW correction tab and slightly reduce the RAW white level.  The colored blown up areas will turn white and remain white after export.
I tried this but problem remains even if I reduce RAW white level to the minimum.

masc

Now I finally got the clip downloaded and it is as I already wrote in my last post: there is a problem between your clip and the IGV debayer. Choose any other algorithm and the highlight is clean! So if you don't see the problem in the viewer, but in the exported clip, you'll probably have "Force IGV" selected in export settings.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Dmitriy84759

Quote from: masc on October 31, 2020, 07:45:25 PM
Now I finally got the clip downloaded and it is as I already wrote in my last post: there is a problem between your clip and the IGV debayer. Choose any other algorithm and the highlight is clean! So if you don't see the problem in the viewer, but in the exported clip, you'll probably have "Force IGV" selected in export settings.
Huge thanks!!! It is really works!
But which debayer is the best? I thought that IGV

masc

Please define best. If there would be a best, there would just be one debayer. Different clips need different debayer algorithms. Always try, watch and decide yourself which algorithm you like the most for your clip. For my taste, AMaZE looks mostly the best for my clips, but not always.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202