ML Menu does not appear - 60D

Started by cplloyd42, July 19, 2020, 03:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cplloyd42

I'm a newbie to this forum and to Magic Lantern enhancements. If this post should be listed elsewhere, please feel free to advise me and move it.

I have installed the latest nightly build (magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jul03.60D111.zip) on my Canon 60D. No errors appeared, and the boot flag said it was initialized. For rebooting the firmware I switched off, then on again (I don't know of any other way). On restart, there is no change to the camera's menu system. On checking the firmware version I find it as "Firmware Ver. 1.1.1-ml-Nightly.2 Update".

I have uninstalled it (waited my 19 secs) and the boot flag is signalled "off", and the firmware version is back to "Firmware Ver. 1.1.1". I have tried re-installing it under another mode setting (I've tried "M" and "Av"), but there is no difference.

It would appear that the Overlay menu is not loading. Note that I downgraded the firmware version from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 before installing the current build.

If anyone has ideas on this problem I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Paul.

cplloyd42

This seems to have stumped over 30 viewers. Well, it has been a dismal failure for me, and I have removed it from my system. If another version comes out, I might try it.

The final crux came when I did a bit of astrophotography and found that, instead of a black sky background, it was filled with white pixels, the blacker it was, the more white that showed. As there was no menu I could access to see what I needed to turn off, I uninstalled the "enhancement". Note: it was only in the Review images that this "whitening" appeared, the actual normal image was as it should be, but this "whitening" made the Review image impossible to assess. (Actually, I think it might have been a negative image as the subject was very dark.)

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Usage -> How do I bring up the Magic Lantern menus?

cplloyd42

Thank you so much, Walter. This has sorted out my problem. Now, all I have to do is work out why my Review screen is showing a "negative" image of my astrophotos. The simplest solution is to turn off ML for my astro-work, but I'd like to experiment with the live view focusing enhancements.

Paul.

Walter Schulz

Overlay tab -> Global draw LiveView

Or try Global draw ON, all modes
and set Zebras -> [Q] -> Raw zebra underexposure OFF

If you want to use a cam with different setups there are 2 options:
https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/camera_help#lv_display_presets
You can define up to 4 "ML screens" which will affect Global draw options only.

If you want to use different presets for aperture, ISO, exposure (and all other ML camera settings):
https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/camera_help#config_options -> Config preset

cplloyd42

Thanks once again, Walter. I'll check out these options as soon as I have time.

Paul.