Experimental Real-Time Correct Framing Preview

Started by theBilalFakhouri, September 10, 2020, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IDA_ML

@theBilalFakhouri

Yes Bilal, I still have my 100D and it is in a working condition.  If you could provide a new build with your latest presets implemented, that would be great! I can't wait to test!

Teamsleepkid

EOS M

IDA_ML

Quote from: Teamsleepkid on September 17, 2020, 03:39:15 PM
I think it's on the first page ida

I don't see a specific 100D build on the first page, just for the EOS-M and the 700D.  To be able to test, I will need one for the 100D.

Teamsleepkid

EOS M

theBilalFakhouri

Yet another two 1x3 Anamorphic presets with Un-Stretched Previews:

1- 4K 1x3 Anamorphic 1360x1976 with 2.05 Crop factor ~2:1 AR (4080x1976 After de-squeezing):

*2- UHD 1x3 Anamorphic 1280x2160 with 2.18 Crop factor 16:9 AR (3840x2160 After de-squeezing):

*The preview is showing 2080 of height, a little cut from 2160, can be ignored?, I wanted to keep the preset with good numbers, we can cut the height of RAW data down to 2080, to achieve perfect height in the preview, tell me if you prefer that instead of perfect 16:9 AR.

NEW Complete build posted for 700D with the all Latest Developments and Presets in the following link: (Updated the link in the first post too)
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25784.msg231049#msg231049

Danne

2blackbar

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: IDA_ML on September 17, 2020, 01:08:37 PM
@theBilalFakhouri

Yes Bilal, I still have my 100D and it is in a working condition.  If you could provide a new build with your latest presets implemented, that would be great! I can't wait to test!

Sorry for the delay,

You can start by trying the following mlv_lite from Danne (put it in any crop_rec_4k build):
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25323.msg230708#msg230708

Direct download link:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/raw2mlv/downloads/mlv_lite.mo

How it suppose to act?
-Load the module, enable it, and just enter x5 Mode, instead of the cropped Canon preview, the preview would be expanded, works on 700D, please test it on 100D and feedback.

theBilalFakhouri

Helpful solution for the new Previews:

Before:
Before-1" border="0

After:
After-1" border="0

-Black border instead of artifacts
-You can see the full preview when Global Draw is ON (*moved global draw top bar above the bottom bar)

*This actually already implemented in ML settings, thanks @markanini at Discord for mentioning that! , you can find it in "Display" menu --> Advanced settings --> Screen Layout --> "Bottom,under 3:2" , remaining thing to make this process automated when enabling presets with correct previews, this is quite easy.

-Works with HDMI output too, already implemented HDMI support for all presets, the output should be 1080i.

wib

do you believe this can be applied to the 5D3 or it's impossible ?

EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

theBilalFakhouri

@wib

Never say it's impossible, 700D and small cameras give huge proof of concept about the possibility.

-So why it's not there yet on 5D3?

5D3 share some of the registers I used on 700D, but the rest and most of them are different and some of them are not presented in 5D3, but that doesn't mean it's totally different concept, well, actually we don't know yet, and this brings us to the second part of the answer, No one tried to understand the function of the new registers which presented on 5D3, it may has the same effect like the 700D ones, but in a different names.

Currently there is no active Developer or Contributor is working on 5D3.

-Would I work on 5D3 to achieve the new previews?

I have the ability to work on it (ability in this case means the good skills, time and the inspiration), So yes, but I don't have the main tool which is the 5D3 Body in my hands, Open Collective is a solution for this problem, if 5D3 users want me to work on it, in time no one worked on it, I can apply on 5D3 body, and get a used one.

Open Collective or other central donations for ML project currently work in progress.

Grognard

Let's buy a 5Diii to theBilalFakhouri! The ML communauty wants to help all developpers (especially the realtime previous which is the holy grail :D) we're just waiting for a solution.

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

Stephan Ludbek

Quote from: Grognard on September 27, 2020, 02:48:32 PM
Let's buy a 5Diii to theBilalFakhouri! The ML communauty wants to help all developpers (especially the realtime previous which is the holy grail :D) we're just waiting for a solution.

I would normally be for this kind of undertaking, but all Magic Lantern contributors and coders should share equally in terms of any gift or contribution.   It's not fair or equitable to all of the other ML programmers for one person to be singled out in terms of individual gifts or compensation unless there is a consensus among all ML coders that this is fair.    If Danne, Alex1, and the other hard working ML codrers are okay with something like this (gifting a camera to an individual ML coder), it would be okay.     

theBilalFakhouri

Magic Zoom V2 .. Nail your focus While recording!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFeCccCsLo

The preset used in video is 4.3K 2.35:1 1x3 Binning, with real-time correct (un-stretched preview).

Magic Zoom V2:
-Coming soon on New 700D Build, EOS M and 650D.
-Works with All preset with real-time correct framing preview.
-You can trigger it by Zoom button or SET button on 700D.
-No overhead or slowness, didn't have corrupted frames during my tests.
-Real-Time as Canon Preview, it's a Canon preview actually, but zoomed.
-Works with Global Draw OFF.
-It may work also with normal mv1080 Mode in theory, but didn't make a preset yet for this mode.

-Spoiler Alert . . Not related to Magic Zoom ..
I am done with these four arrows on screen.

-Visual Spoiler Alert:

Before:
x5-Before-1" border="0

After:
x5-After-1" border="0

Spot the difference :P

-This is not coming in the new build, details are not coming soon too, until I finish it . . Suspense.

Danne

wib

EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

2blackbar

darthivm

Thanks for this very cool update, now the camera is very usable for raw shooting and the anamorphic modes.

Is there any chance that the 2.5k mode would work without the blackbar?
Maybe if we just display a crop of the image which has the maximum resolution for the display. That would be at least better than the 5x zoom mode I think.

What are your opinions on this?

Danne

Where can I find source code for all shared builds?

theBilalFakhouri

Danne

DeafEyeJedi

Better late than never to join this party created by the great @TheBilalFakhouri

Thanks for your continuous dedication and support!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109