Crash Log Report - Very lost in the forum

Started by rainydayparade, August 30, 2020, 04:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainydayparade

Hello,

I'm new to the forum - I've been trying to get Magic Lantern to work for me after seeing examples from Zeek. Here is 1 of 95 crash logs that I got:

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR( TryPostEvent( this->hTaskClass, this, EV_VD_INTERRUPT_EVF, NULL, 0 ) )
at ./Evf/EvfState.c:504, **INT-6Ah**:111d0
lv:1 mode:3

PowerMgr stack: 27bfa0 [177340-176f40]
0x0009E558 @ 9e864:27bfa0

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2020Aug15.EOSM202
Mercurial changeset   : c2769089e6f9 (crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only) tip
Built on 2020-08-15 02:35:39 UTC by daniel@MBPsomtorDaniel.
Free Memory  : 221K + 2555K

I have no idea what this means. I have the most recent build, but something is off still... For example, I'm missing the mcmRewire 1080 setting that I see most people using. I didn't see any guide, or good results for mcmRewire when I searched here on the forum. I'm not good with forums, so please forgive me if this question has been asked already.

***Tbh, if this is too complicated for (me) someone who doesn't really understand what is going on just tell me so I can not clog the forum. I have no problem just letting this one go if it's completely above my head. I just like the results that I'm seeing (Zeek).

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Backup ML directory and autoexec.bin. Extract latest nightly build contents and copy them to card. Try to make MLV/RAW run. Report back results.

anation

I also would like to know how the logs are used for troubleshooting. I have searched ML site, this forum and Google, but cannot find how to use the LOGs.
Really appreciate the help from the community.