6D or 5Diii for ML what is the best a continuous focus

Started by shhd, August 01, 2020, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Please read following:
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

From what I´ve seen so far I will advice not to perform bleeding edge tests surrounding sd_uhs patching at all. Instead I encourage you develop an interest to bug reports, how to do them properly and stick to basic workflows about raw recording. I also sent you a link already which you gave no respond to yet so I suppose it´s been ignored.
Lastly. A big good luck with whatever you do with your cameras.

shhd

There is never ignoring
I visited the link
And downloaded version 1.2.3
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899
We didn't have an SD card so we used CF and did a basic job without activating another function or function, just raw video
And we filmed beautiful scenes, but after a while, the message I told you about appears and you must remove the battery and restart the camera

shhd

Hi ..
Danny, please see
I downloaded your copy and activated sd overlock
Then I tested the memory writing in picture mode
These are the steps

As I mentioned, I installed your version and did nothing but activate sd overlock and test memory
How do I combine the two speeds
SD and CF card speed

Danne

Sorry. I have no time at all at the moment for these tests. Hopefully someone can help you or guide you here. Good luck!

shhd

Thank you
and I ask those who have the time to explain the things that I do step by step, and I appreciate having pictures of the steps because sometimes you talk about things and names that I do not know how to get to them

Danne

Checking your second picture it shows thst the patch did not work. Above 110Mb/s is not a good patch.

Walter Schulz

@shhd: Load module bench.mo only (=no other one loaded) and retry.

Benchmark generates files BENCHx.PPM which can be converted to PNG/JPEG.
Screenshots are possible, too and files are named VRAMx.PPM.

shhd

I am required to download
module bench.mo
And place it in the module
And I just enable it
Ok where do I find the file
module bench.mo
To download it

Walter Schulz

What are you talking about?
Access Modules tab/screen, check if Bench.mo is there (it must be, because you used to run it in previous post), disable any other module, reboot and run benchmark again.

shhd

Oh well I'll do it
Activate Bench.mo, disable other functionality, including raw video, and test again
Is that correct

shhd

SD + CF in camera

These results that appeared to me

Walter Schulz

@Danne: My 650D won't process read benchmark properly when mlv_lite or mlv_rec are loaded. Didn't pay much attention to it until now.

Danne

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 19, 2020, 02:40:05 PM
@Danne: My 650D won't process read benchmark properly when mlv_lite or mlv_rec are loaded. Didn't pay much attention to it until now.
I see. Patch testing needs to be done both with photo and raw video enabled imo. If both works it would indicate a good patch. Otherwise pretty unstable I guess. Seems from testing above only 160Mb/s setting will work on 5d3.

Walter Schulz

shhd

Now what is the next step
I still do not understand
How can I combine both SD and CF card speeds
For information in previous experiments, I took the same steps and results appeared close to the pictures that I attached to you, and when recording the speed does not exceed 92 megabytes, where I noticed that the recording is only based on the speed of CF
Where is the way in which I combine my two memories speeds together

Danne

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 19, 2020, 04:07:48 PM
Anything I can do to help making it stable?
Determine first what patches works or not among the three. The unstable ones should be removed imo.
@shhd
I wanted to test only sd card, I thought that was described. Anyway. Feel free to test whatever you like on your own.

shhd

It seems that I have read here and on YouTube while searching and reading about your version that if you use your version, you can combine the speeds of the SD and CF memory cards. Is this correct?
And how can we do
You are the copy programmer and you know how