Purple Stripes

Started by Afrobeta, August 10, 2020, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afrobeta

Hey guys,

for some reason I get these kind of images when I try to record with my canon eos m.

Today I updated to zeeks july2020 build. This happens in the normal HD 1080 Mode. Does anybody know what might be the issue?
I already tried to go back to the old version, but it still keeps happening...
I would really appreciate your help. :)

yokashin

Try to restore ML to default settings (key icon -> Config option -> Restore ML defaults), then uninstall (install and wait 60 seconds) and reinstall. Then check the correct resolution and aspect ratio settings.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

Walter Schulz

Quote from: yokashin on August 10, 2020, 09:21:42 PM
then uninstall (install and wait 60 seconds) and reinstall.
Why?

yokashin

My point was to uninstall and reinstall. At first I had the same fear and Zeek told me to do the same.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

Walter Schulz

But why? For what purpose? Uninstall/reinstall will just disable/re-enable cam's bootflag and toggle card's boot ability. Don't see how this will affect stripping. Please explain!

I smell snake oil ...

Levas

As far as I know, you can only get these sort of messed up liveview when crop_rec module is enabled and in use. You probably have a build where a crop_rec preset is enabled by default.
In magic-lantern menu goto the raw video menu tab and look if there is an option crop_rec and see if you can change it to "Off".
If this doesn't work, go to the module tab, disable the crop_rec.mo module and restart the camera. Everything should be normal then.

To be clear, this liveview is a side effect for getting higher resolution modes (cropped).
When you look into raw video submenu, you could also set Preview option to "ml preview" instead of liveview. I expect you get a low resolution liveview preview and can record in >HD resolution.

Danne

Set canon movie menu to 24 or 25 fps. You´re in 50 or 60p mode, It´s what´s giving you those stripes.

Afrobeta

Quote from: yokashin on August 10, 2020, 09:21:42 PM
Try to restore ML to default settings (key icon -> Config option -> Restore ML defaults), then uninstall (install and wait 60 seconds) and reinstall. Then check the correct resolution and aspect ratio settings.

Thank you very much! It worked this way. :)