Canon EOS Rebel SL3

Started by qmanning, August 08, 2020, 12:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qmanning

Well, I feel silly having purchased a new EOS Rebel SL3 in the last 3 months, and after so much research somehow having never found out about Magic Lantern.

My question is obviously - is there any plan to support the EOS Rebel SL3?

If this is answered somewhere else, apologies. I'll gladly take a link there to that Convo. I searched and couldn't find it.

I know the guts of the camera can also go by other names, so if there is already support, my deepest apologies. Someone just let me know.

If not, this camera seems like a prime candidate - its a great unit, affordable, the auto-focus is nice, it works with Canon Connect and EOS Webcam Utility - but the video is being deliberately hobbled by Canon through software.

I knew about the 4k crop when I bought the camera, but figured I would either make the shots work.distance wise (way harder than I thought with such an extreme crop) OR just shoot 1080p.

Problem is - 1080 is only 30fps and 60fps. Canon's remove 24fps in everything but the 4k, which has the crop.

It's a perfect storm of frustration.

If there's no support on the horizon, I will most likely try to sell and buy a supported camera, but, I'll lose money on the process, so I would rather not :p

It's frustrating to have a great camera sitting here, but being crippled due to greed.

Anyway, hi, and thanks for any help you can give me!

Walter Schulz

ML project does not have any kind of schedule, release dates, milestone. Work is done by people on their own if they have the skills and - critical - time to spend.

If you start to aquire skills required we may see an early ML port for SL3 around 2023.

petabyte

Thinking of one day getting an SL3 to replace my T6. Does anybody have a ROM dump?