Seattle Sights - Canon 5D MKIII 3.5K RAW

Started by paulheran, August 06, 2020, 05:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulheran

https://vimeo.com/445060850
Big thanks to the awesome community. Always inspiring me to continue shooting with my 5D MKIII.

This video shot on my some bike rides I took during covid. Plus a few extra shots from the coast.

Shot with:
Canon 5D MKIII
Canon 40mm pancake
Canon 24-70 2.8
Canon 70-200 2.8

Magic Lantern 3.5k crop rec mode
transcoded to prores 444 in Davinci with BM film gamma
Then applied Hunter's lut in premiere pro.
5D3 113 | 16-35 2.8 | 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 IS

RH42

bigW

Really nice footage. I especially liked scenes at 3:45 and 4:07 for their composition and the light.

wib

So beautiful ! The montage evolution from the harbor to the city, then the forest, so peaceful with the music !

Your lens are tack sharp !

Tell us more about your run and gun. Did you carried with you a tripod ? So you imported the dng in davinci to re render the file but with BM gamma ? Did you set up that in the raw management menu like in this capture ?

EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

paulheran

Quote from: wib on August 17, 2020, 11:52:10 AM
So beautiful ! The montage evolution from the harbor to the city, then the forest, so peaceful with the music !

Your lens are tack sharp !

Tell us more about your run and gun. Did you carried with you a tripod ? So you imported the dng in davinci to re render the file but with BM gamma ? Did you set up that in the raw management menu like in this capture ?

Thank you. Sometimes I bring a small tripod setup, but I'm always trying to keep weight down, because I'm on my bicycle. Most of the shots as you can tell are locked off, or have very minimal movement, but I like how they feel like photographs with some very subtle movement in the frame. I go on short rides from my house in Queen Anne, I bring one battery and one CF express card (Komputer Bay 256 1200x). I keep the Canon 40mm pancake on the camera and bring one other L series lens. I have the 16-35 2.8, 24-70 2.8, and 70-200 2.8 IS. My tripod is the tiny smallrig tripod. I try to find surfaces or platforms that will allow me to shoot from a "normal" height. I either have the smallrig photo head on there, or I sometimes put the smallest manfrotto video (MVH400AHUS) head on there to have the ability to pan.

photos of my setup: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zuyjzkcq9wow9kn/AACfwJYSrOg-yTjAwrVkQitza?dl=0

And yes I use MLVFS to convert my MLVs to DNG sequences, then bring those into Resolve to export ProRes with BM gamma. And yes, I set it up in the Camera Raw settings in Resolve.

RAW Profile: CinemaDNG
Decode Using: Project
Color Space: Blackmagic Design
Gamma: Blackmagic Design Film

This way the luts I use in Premiere will work nicely. I don't use resolve to color correct or grade yet because I haven't learned a good workflow yet.

Thanks for your comment,
- Paul 
5D3 113 | 16-35 2.8 | 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 IS

wib

Wow that's a very mini tripod !

Thanks for the info on your set up ! I appreciate !
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123