Why i cant preview the mlv video on my 5d2

Started by qiun, July 29, 2020, 08:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qiun

When i after recorded the footage ,why I cant preview the footage on my 5d2 instantly . how can I fix that

Walter Schulz

qiun

hi Walter, when my mlv_play it will show all the other included mlv play module not gonna work

Walter Schulz

mlv_play is required to playback mlv. Hence the name.
You haven't mentioned which build you are using ...

ZEEK

The Nightly Builds on the Magic Lantern site will allow playback from what I've experienced, not the experimental ones on the "3K/UHD 5D RAW Development" Page even though they have the MLV_Play Module.
EOS M

qiun

Hello ,Zeek do u have any your some like preset to use it ?

ZEEK

If you want the nightly builds to playback your footage they're there to download on the site.
There are 5D2 tutorial vids online/YouTube where you can copy the settings, most basic settings should be the same. 👍
EOS M

lynncanon

Did you solve that problem? I dont know what to do, too.

reddeercity

mlv_play module is not high on my priority List for 5d2/50d Crop_Rec , It fact I don't even use it .
I just preview with FFMpeg play or mlv app on my laptop of the CF Card , that being said
mlv_play is not supported in the d4 crop_rec branch because there no Lossless compression support on d4/5d2/50d yet.
mlv_play need mlv_lite to work & mlv_lite is not supported in this branch because there no lossless compression supported .
I guess I could coment out the lossless compression support so it work but as i said
i don't use it and there more important things I need to address , way before this (my time is getting limited these days now)
Like Lossless compression for one .

Sorry , but if you need mlv_play then you have to use the nightly build or the 10-12bit ml builds (there you need mlv_play+ raw_twk.mo for reduced bit depth)