Correct Framing in 3x Crop Mode

Started by LoO93, July 06, 2020, 12:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoO93

I just stumbled across this forum's section and I couldn't find any topic related to this subject.

As I explained in this post (https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23258.msg217369#msg217369),
I'm a passionate user of ML and its wonderful Crop Mode and being able to get the exact framing while filming in Crop mode would be a real game changer for me.

I understand that it's very easy and comfortable for me to ask for such a feature but I'd also really appreciate to understand why this isn't actually possible yet ?

Best regards,
LoO93

Levas

In ML menu, there is an option called "global draw" (second or first tab, not sure) be sure to have this one set to "liveview" or "all modes".
And the in raw video menu, be sure that the option "kill global draw" is set to "off".
And set option preview (also in raw video menu" to ML preview. (or liveview and use half shutter press to see ML preview, also during recording)

This way, you can see correct framing while recording (although it may be slow fps and low resolution and sometimes even be in black and white  :P).
(half shutter press gives you canon liveview, without correct framing and possibly scrambled during recording)

At the moment, nobody knows how to get correct framing in Canon liveview unfortunately...

deerport

Is above mentioned, seeing correct framing, also apply to canon 7D crop mode recording?