T2i Issues

Started by Gingaaaa, September 02, 2012, 06:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingaaaa

I'm not sure if this is a ML problem or a Canon problem. Today I took some video with my T2i, everything was working fine. After I was done recording video I took out my battery and recharged it for a little, then stuck it back into my camera. The camera worked fine then stopped working. I thought the batteries may be low so I charged the battery until the battery was fully charged and the camera still had a black LCD screen. The only thing I could get the camera to do was when I pushed down the shutter button and the flash would pop up. I put in a new SD and that didn't do anything, so I decided to plug my camera into my computer and run EOS Utility. Utility didn't notice my camera.

I have had issues prior to this with starting my camera. My camera would't turn on like it is doing now but I pulled out the battery and restarted it just fine. I am not sure what is going on, is this a ML, or a Canon issue? and are there any suggestions for what I can do? 

Francis

What mode is your camera in when you turning it on? Have you tried turning on in different modes (like M vs Av and the like)? Have you tried pressing other buttons after turning on the camera, like Disp? Does AF work when you half-press the shutter? Have you tried formatting the card in your computer and then starting up the camera with it? How about starting with no card in it at all?

Gingaaaa

The auto focus works, I can also change the iso, shutter speed, and aperture but It won't take a picture. I can try formatting my sd with my computer and see what happens.

Gingaaaa

Reformatting the SD did nothing.

Francis

Gingaaaa

No changes when I have no card in the camera. I haven't been able to do anything new. If I sent my camera in would they check for magic lantern? I'm worried they may not accept my warranty.   

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Gingaaaa

I put my battery pack in after letting the camera rest over night and it's working. Super weird.

Gingaaaa

I have technicolor cine style on my camera could that be the issue? I just took ML off my camera just incase that was what was causing the problem. I don't want to reinstall until I know what the problem was here.

nanomad

Old Macs used to have a failsafe circuit that prevented the Mac from booting for a certain period of time if something strange was detected in the power supply. someone on forum suggested that canon cameras do the same with faulty batteries...
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

ilguercio

Quote from: nanomad on September 02, 2012, 09:32:03 PM
Old Macs used to have a failsafe circuit that prevented the Mac from booting for a certain period of time if something strange was detected in the power supply. someone on forum suggested that canon cameras do the same with faulty batteries...
+1
Happened to me when i ripped the wires of the button battery.
It takes quite a lot for the whole system to become ready again (several hours without batteries) .
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

ilguercio

Quote from: Gingaaaa on September 02, 2012, 07:59:38 PM
I have technicolor cine style on my camera could that be the issue? I just took ML off my camera just incase that was what was causing the problem. I don't want to reinstall until I know what the problem was here.
What does it have to do with your problem? It is OBVIOUSLY a power supply problem, nothing to do with cinestyle for sure.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

Gingaaaa

How is it a power supply problem? I had power going to my camera. My camera turned on. I have talked to people on DVX user, and other forums and they say it was most likely a issue with ML.

ilguercio

Quote from: Gingaaaa on September 09, 2012, 11:37:46 PM
How is it a power supply problem? I had power going to my camera. My camera turned on. I have talked to people on DVX user, and other forums and they say it was most likely a issue with ML.
Because of HOW the issue momentarily solves by itself.
I already stated i had a similar problem with the button battery, have you read it?
These kind of devices have a slow discharge circuit when they detect something wrong with the power supply.
I had power going to my camera as well, it doesn't mean it wasn't MY fault.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

Gingaaaa

Maybe your right. Should I send my camera in since its still under warranty?

nanomad

If it still has the issue, yes