[HELP] Bricked 60D

Started by bl4ckkat, May 27, 2020, 07:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bl4ckkat

Hi all I've been using ML for some time with my Canon 60D and never encountered issues until last week. I was using my camera with the eos utility to take some photos. I turned the camera off when I was done but have not been able to turn it on again since. The first time I tried the LED stayed on until I removed the battery. That was the last sign of life. I suspect two things, a corrupt card (confirmed) and possible the PCB is dead (not confirmed)

I have tried to reformat the card without ML, with the LED test, as well as doing both on another SD card. No sign of life so far. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it truly dead? I don't get any sort of reading or connection when connecting to the computer. Nothing in the LCD so I can't run other tests. If it's dead I guess I'm getting a new camera, but I don't think I will be using ML again. A bit risky for someone like me who isn't a professional and can't afford to replace my camera if something does wrong. ML has definitely helped me make the most out of my 60D but with the newer models I don't think I'll need it.

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader.
Run EOScard (Windows) or MacBoot/makeboot.sh to make card bootable.
(If using EOScard: Delete card content after using it).
Copy Portable Display Test autoexec.bin to card.
Remove battery, insert card and battery. Close compartment doors.
Any signs of life? Remove card and battery. Report back!