Clean HDMI option via ML? (M50)

Started by Mizpah99, May 26, 2020, 05:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mizpah99

HI Folks,

Apologies if this is out there already (I have read through the features link, searched the forum. and can see the 'clear overlays' menu item on the display section, but am unsure if that covers me!)

I am considering buying 2 x Canon M50 for streaming + other purposes.

It appears to be a great price / feature point but is crippled for streaming use by not having a 'clean HDMI' (i.e. no overlay on HDMI output, direct from sensor).

Will ML allow me to generate a clean HDMI output for the purpose of streaming? (and explicitly with a Canon M50).  Thanks in advance! If this is a yes, it may be worth adding 'clean HDMI' as a yes/no ot he FAQ, as its becoming ahot topic with streamers on twitch.

Thanks in advance!

Mizpah99

Just to clarify:

For my purposes by 'clean HDMI', I mean the ability to send a 1080p/60 video stream directly from the sensor to an HDMI capture card. The output image should be the video feed only, no overlay graphics, or focus brackets, and the correct resolution with no borders. The intent is to get a great cinematographic image (Sigma 16mm F2 lens), with good separation and a strong 'Bokeh' effect.

If the M50 wont play ball, are there other (affordable!) cameras that ML can assist with?

Walter Schulz

"Clear Overlay" featured by all ML supported cams. See https://builds.magiclantern.fm/

Frayfray