Canon T5i HDMI output as a webcam using Open Broadcast Software

Started by mazion, August 14, 2018, 09:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazion

I have scoured the forums for a fix for my particular issues, but I've had no luck. I assume that in some form it may have been answered somewhere, but I can't find it.

I'm a professional Twitch streamer and YouTuber and many professionals in the field have switched from classic webcams to DSLR and I'm attempting to do the same.

I'm using a Canon t5i with the latest Magic Lantern Nightly Build (2018-07-02 22:18) --> using the HDMI output plugged into an Elgato Cam Link. I'm using Open Broadcast Software to view the ouput. I assume that none of this, however, is pertinent to my issue.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the HDMI output in anything higher than 720x480 (assumedly the lcd screen output size) --> I'm also assuming is there is a setting somewhere to convert live view to a higher resolution or to change the resolution output for the hdmi port somehow.

So, in a nutshell, I'm trying to accomplish output through HDMI at 1920x1080 and no combination of settings I've played with has accomplished this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

maz

mmyurt

Hi,

Is there any update for this problem? I've encountered the same resolution problem so output video has really bad quality. If anyone help, I'll be appreciate

Walter Schulz

What is the resolution you get in photo and video mode? Type of capture device? Have you tried to use a monitor/TV set HDMI input to see if there is a difference?