Live view Display to shoot 1:1 1280x1280 RAW

Started by shoobeedoo, May 04, 2020, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoobeedoo

Hello there,

I just spent the day working around my 5D mark III and Magic Lantern

Thanks a lot for all the possibilities Magic Lantern is giving us. It's really .. Magic :)

For a project, i plan to do some videos Raw 1280x1280 and i customised a cropmark for it.

I have three questions that i can't find answers to in the forum :

- Is it possible to get rid of the black lines on the top and bottom of the screen ? my cropmark is under them, and it's difficult to see what i'm filming with it.

- I don't understand what is the rectangle with the crossed line, and it's use / how to get it off.

- When i begin filming, all the information are diseapearing on the live view, is it possible to keep them while filming ?

Thanks for your help

Kharak

You can remove the black bars by disabling Global Draw, in the Overlay Tab. Alternatively under Display Tab, in the Clear Overlays option you have different ways of hiding the Overlays. Clear overlays is also one of the options removing your overlays when you hit Record. So here you're in a evil circle, but under RAW settings, set your aspect ratio to 1:1 1280x1280, you should only see the frame you record.

The Rectangle with the diagonal line can be disabled under Movie tab, Movie Tweaks and REC/STBY notify: Red Crossout, set to OFF.
once you go raw you never go back