Canon 700D (T5I) Stops Raw Recording when says "frame Skipping. Stopping"

Started by OneCameraDude, April 08, 2020, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneCameraDude

So I'm Really New to Magic Lantern, i use a Canon 700D (T5i) For a lot of my Photography and not really for video recording so i thought to get Magic Lantern, anyway...
so i installed magic lantern on my 700D and i been trying to get Raw Recording working but it will stop after a couple seconds saying "Frame Skipping. Stopping" which is driving me crazy as i don't know what i'm doing wrong. i tried a couple versions of Magic Lantern but with the Same Problem. i thought it was the SD Card as currently someone else has my 64gb SanDisk Ultra and someone else broke my 128gb so i was using a 16GB old Sandisk SD Card, so i bought another SD Card (SanDisk Extreme 64gb) but i still have the same problem. Thank you in Advance.

ML Verison: crop_rec_4k.2018Jul22.700D115

Walter Schulz

Go to your raw settings menu. At the botton there are 2 lines telling you required data rate and how much frames are expected for continuous recording. With a fast card (write > 40 MByte/s) you should be able to record uncompressed 14 bit raw with 720p resolution at around 25 fps continuously.