3072x1320 Resolve->DnxHR->PremièrePro->DnxHR->pixel ratio BUG

Started by sylvain_c, July 13, 2020, 01:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvain_c

Hello,

I tried different things for the past months to solve this issue, but now I come to ask some help:

-Everything is fine as always in Resolve with my DNG's converted with mlv dump from the experiment page, export every clips in DnxHR 10 bits 3072x1320 native format
-In Première, once my montage is finished I export the result in h264 as always
-The problem come when I want to export a master of the same montage in Première in DnxHR 3072x1320: the result is squeezed horizontaly

It seems the codec don't want this format, and apply a pixel ratio of his own or something.
I tried force the pixel ratio of the clips and/or of the sequence in première to "square pixel", but the result is always the same once exported??
I also played with other pixels ratios to trick the codec, but not working as I wanted (right click on a clip, modify, métrage (in french, second choice), conform to square pixels

I think it's the codec in Première Pro, and the problem is the same with direct export or sending to media encoder
5D MKIII 1.1.3

sylvain_c

By reading some recents posts I just saw that adobe had finally added ProRes to their codecs, i tested it, and it solved my issue. But if someone has an explanation or a workaround i will be glad to hear it, because I worked so many years with DnxHD/HR, and I don't know ProRes much...
5D MKIII 1.1.3

allemyr

IDA_ML

Quote from: allemyr on July 13, 2020, 11:32:43 AM
I would edit in Resolve to, and only use Resolve

Absolutely!  Just intall MLVFS on your computer.  It will convert your MLV footage into cDNG sequences that you can now open and process in Resolve just as you process stills in Adobe Camera RAW using the Camera RAW module of Resolve.  Processing, Editing and Rendering goes really fast, especially with a fast video card.  This is the simpliest and fastest workflow for RAW footage that I have ever seen.  Resolve allows you to export your clips in DNxHR format as well if you need it.

Good luck!

sylvain_c

In my mind MLVFS was essentially for mac users, with some stranges things to do to be able to mount one video at a time on windows, but maybe I have misread somewhere.

And for editing in Resolve I don't know, I love resolve and really would like to do it in there, but I know premiere equally well and have my habits, but it's something to try one day.
5D MKIII 1.1.3

allemyr

If you want to edit in Premiere Pro you can also work with a XML, I did that before when Resolve wasnt able to cut.