Any signal out of the cam when exposing a frame.

Started by Karmaschinken, September 01, 2012, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmaschinken

Hello, I need a signal out of the cam when exposing a frame while shooting video footage. I need to use flashes for every single exposured frame. Is there any chance to catch such a signal out of the camera? Thanks! Martin...

g3gg0

hi.

we could use the LED output.
see the astrophotography thread here in forum, i built some example circuit you could use for that.
the parts are ~5€ when you order them at e.g. conrad.

but
a) you need some electronics skills and
b) we would have to implement it by hooking HEAD1 interrupt
c) if it works exactly as you need it, is still unsure

btw - is your flash fast enough? are you sure it is not varying in brightness?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Karmaschinken

Dear g3gg0,

please, could you give me a hint to the astrophotography topic? It would be very great for me having this feature! Although I am a programmer I am unsure whether working in the inner camera software is really an option for me. I would appreciate it very much to have this thing working!

Thanks a lot! Martin...

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Karmaschinken

Ok, that looks good! I suppose I could have the skills to build such a photodiode/opamp circuitry. But what do I have to do to make my cam- a 5dMKII - fire an LED when shooting a video frame? Thanks a lot! Martin...

nanomad

You need to hack the ML source to fire the led everytime a frame is exposed
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Karmaschinken

Orgs!  :o

Hmmmmmm.... I would prefer that someone could to find my needs of a per-videoframe-signal out of the came so useful, that she/he/it implements that in a regular relase... Yes I know, noone needs such a strange feature...

Ok then, I have to dig into the development-environment of Magic Lantern. Hmhm....

Anyway, thanks a lot! Martin...