Shadow on the moon

Started by dinobike, April 09, 2020, 03:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinobike

Hi!, i just wanna know if anyone can help with the video that i record last night on the supermoon.
The equipment used was a Canon Ti5, canon 70-200 F4L + Canon Extender 1.4x + Canon Extender 2.0x.
Obviously i used Magic Lantern with 3x crop and custom white balance.

The first part of the video is the original and aprox at 14sec you can see a fainted shadow crossing from the upper-left
in diagonal to the center of the image.

The second part of the video is a 200% upscaled.
The third part of the video is a 200% upscaled and 50% slow down with optical flow in premiere.
The fourth part of the video is a 400% upscaled, 50% slow down with optical flow in premiere and with an added circle tracking the shadow.
The fifth part of the video is a 400% upscaled, 25% slow down with optical flow in premiere and with an added circle tracking the shadow. 

Any thoughts?

yokashin

Probably something flew and cast a shadow.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

yourboylloyd

Where are you when you took this and what time of day? Maybe it was the International space station? Or a SpaceX STARLINK satellite.

You should probably post this in an Amateur Astronomy Reddit or something. They may have a better answer for you.
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

Frayfray

Which ml build  did you use..I was thinking to do the same thanks  :)

Luther

I agree with @yourboylloyd, it might be a satellite or meteorite. The compression from youtube is very aggressive though.
Also, was this recorded in MLV? You should check the interpolation algorithm that MLVApp is using, I think it might give better results than 3x crop. A filter to remove IR/UV should also help.
Overall, great recording. The moon was fantastic yesterday.

dinobike

The depht of field is very large, if you saw the first second there is a bird that fly up in the image and is totally recognizable, so a Sattellite or meteorite should be look more sharp, not fainted or "out of focus" look.
Anyway, today i was recording the moon...again...and notice something when some clouds pass in front of the moon. The clouds leave a sort of trail with little vapour dots that look identical to the one that i record in the video posted: fainted, blurry, "out of focus"...so, for me the mistery is solved.

Thanks everyone for the help!