Luther

Quote from: ilia3101 on March 31, 2020, 09:56:06 PM
How is everyone? Stuck at home?
Yup. Hope everyone stays safe.

yokashin

Quote from: ilia3101 on March 31, 2020, 09:56:06 PM
How is everyone? Stuck at home?

I'm ok. Sitting at home.
I only go out for shopping and for a short walk with my child ...
Warsaw. Poland.
I wish everyone to stay with health.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

unfilmde

Checking in. Is everyone okay?

a1ex

Okay on my side, hopefully others are safe as well.

Looking for ways to help remotely, but it's hard to find a good answer. It's hard to focus on hobbies during these difficult times; there are more important things we can do to stop the virus and/or to help those around us.

Initial ideas:

- Attaching your camera to a microscope, to see the virus, is out of the question.
- I was thinking to suggest using a longer focal length, or something along these lines, for April 1st. Decided to skip this event, but I'd still like to update the ML startup screen with some good advice. Here I need some help, as I'm not a medical doctor.
- Apparently, any mask is better than no mask, even if you've been told otherwise. Leave medical masks for hospitals; consider DIY masks or face shields.
- DIY / 3D printing folks around the world are making face shields and donating them to hospitals. Consider helping them.
- There are several suggestions of COVID19-related open source projects, on the GSoC mentors mailing list (unfortunately not public). I can summarize if there is interest.
- Some stuff worth reading: check the News headline on the forum homepage (updated every now and then). In particular, this one is updated often and provides a good overview for most countries.

Stay safe!

yourboylloyd

I'm spending time learning free YouTube tutorials of Adobe Illustrator! Who knew this software is was powerful?!?
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

Danne

All ok over here and in closer surroundings, relatives etc for now.
Built face mask holders on 3d printers at school but other than that mostly staying isolated with my cat teaching remotely.
Colleague girlfriends father fighting corona at a home for elders so most likely he will pass on any day now.
Stay safe.

Edit: what about @dfort? U.S having the worst spread it seems.

eNnvi

Quote from: a1ex on April 04, 2020, 07:30:39 AM
- DIY / 3D printing folks around the world are making face shields and donating them to hospitals. Consider helping them.
Yeah but to do that you need a very good 3D printer and good printing skills. I own a prusa i3 rework built a few years ago (pieces printed from other 3d printers and CNC milled alluminium frame, should be the second version made) and even if it prints good is not that good as these guys' printers

- There are several suggestions of COVID19-related open source projects, on the GSoC mentors mailing list (unfortunately not public). I can summarize if there is interest.
Folding@Home is a simple way to help by mostly doing nothing at all. You install the software and let the network spread. Many of us are videomakers/photographers and have a quite good hardware, no doubt it could help.

Quote from: Danne on April 04, 2020, 10:59:34 AM
..... U.S having the worst spread it seems.
I live in Italy  :-X almost everything is closed here, except for a few industries (like the one i work in).

yokashin

Quote from: eNnvi on April 04, 2020, 01:45:15 PM
I live in Italy  :-X almost everything is closed here, except for a few industries (like the one i work in).

Half a year ago I paid everything for a three-day trip to Rome on April 20. I really liked this city ... Take care!
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

dfort

Quote from: Danne on April 04, 2020, 10:59:34 AM
Edit: what about @dfort? U.S having the worst spread it seems.

Answered your PM before I saw this--We're doing fine here in Redondo Beach, California. I'm an introvert by nature so I'm fine with this social distancing thing. I've also been editing a feature I shot (didn't use ML, sorry) so I've been a shut in well before this outbreak started.

nikfreak

ok here, too but switched the job and got lots of work to do. Wife and kids stay @home.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

ilex

Here in Galicia, in the Northwest of Spain, we have been indoors for 20 days without being able to go out except for essential needs, and we will continue to do so until at least the 26th of April. Fortunately the whole family is fine. Take care that this situation is going to be long. Hugs to everyone.

Antony44

I also stay at home with my family, sometimes I go to the grocery store and walk with my child in the yard near the house .. sometimes I work a bit on the Internet.

Walter Schulz

After almost 4 weeks of lockdown in Peru I finally arrived back at home Sunday evening. Now I'm in mandatory 14-days quarantine and working from home office.
Family members, friends and colleagues are doing well!

nikfreak

a1ex

Looks like Trammell has been busy lately: https://airbreak.dev/

This looks familiar: stubs.S. It really feels like Magic Lantern, Hospital edition :)

nikfreak

Luther

Trammell never stops, what an impressive person. Bravo!

DeafEyeJedi

The past several weeks have been rather interesting and yet terrifying as shitballs in Los Angeles. Still working on site (for a local news network) meanwhile working remotely every other week from home. Stay safe!

Quote from: Luther on April 15, 2020, 02:08:13 AM

Indeed, genius!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

sahrenity

I'm ok. Sitting at home. Doing nothing.... :'(

yourboylloyd

Quote from: Luther on April 15, 2020, 02:08:13 AM

Just out of curiosity and because I'm a noob. Who is Trammell? I looked everywhere in the forums lol.
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

Walter Schulz

escho

I'm working with 600 other guys in a big home for mentally handicapped persons. And we are working hard to keep the virus away from this home. Until now, all is OK and I hope, It will be OK the next days, too. Much more work than before the virus, so no time for ML or MLVApp atm. My relaxion after working is my observatory ( https://sternenkarten.com/ ), if I'm not sleeping on the sofa. Hard times, but we will survive, somehow...
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed