2000D user feeling left out.

Started by Skysearcher, March 15, 2020, 03:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skysearcher

Hi all,

Why is there no 2000D version of Magic Lantern? is it because it is a cheaper model, or is it technically not possible?
Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks !

heder

Digging around in other threads ..

Quote from: ROME on February 12, 2020, 05:32:34 PM
What else are we missing to keep the progress moving in the right direction?

Quote from: Walter Schulz on February 12, 2020, 07:09:46 PM
Unicorn level: A person skilled with C, assembler and reverse engineering embedded devices (ARM architecture) with lots of free time at hand.

Quote from: heder on March 31, 2020, 06:35:56 PM
People with thsee skills (including myself) have wife, kids, boats, dogs, cats and a job and a lots of hobbies, amongst those one called ML. Guess the priority ..   :o

And now for some even more wise words  :P

don't ask what ML can do for you but what you can do for ML
... some text here ..

Skysearcher

I'm sorry i don't have programming skills, and i guess most users asking a question on here are just looking for a way to get their camera even better. So all those "noob" users should shut up? Nice behaviour, very mature and very welcoming. Just give me a ban right now because if this behaviour is tolerated on here i wouldnt want to be a part of it anyway. Thanks.

ilia3101

Your question is posted on here multiple times a day by new users. Actual progress on new cameras is only posted once every few weeks.

You got an honest reply, what would you have preferred the reply to be? Give an example.

Magic lantern takes a massive amount of work to port to a new camera, your attitude suggests you don't know that.

names_are_hard

Please, can we not be so rude to new people?  Yes, it's annoying being asked the same questions, but the new person doesn't know it's the same old question.  Have a little patience and give people some politeness.

@Skysearcher - there's no port yet because it's very hard work and it's all done by volunteers.

Danne

Nothing wrong with @heder answer. Even added the correct smiley's ;).
However, I and a few others could probably work on polishing our welcome kit  :P.

ArcziPL

There is absolutely nothing rude or impolite in heder's response. It directly answers the original question and does even more: precisely points out what is needed to achieve the goal.

The new guy totally overreacted.

Quote from: Danne on April 25, 2020, 05:02:39 PMHowever, I and a few others could probably work on polishing our welcome kit  :P.
Yep, fully agree. :) But heder is not that case.
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

heder

People percieve words and language differently, it depends on age, background and much more, I never intended to make Skysearcher angry :o .I guess that over time the language on ML forum have become more and more hard, not because anyone want this, but because the majority of posts are "why is'nt ML ready for my cam" - when there is already 100 posts like that, including faq about this. Those that have been on the forum for ages knows it takes 1000s of hours to complete,test and verify a port of Magic Lantern, but with less and less coders ML progress have slowed down. It's a bad cirlce, less progress, more "bad" posts. We are simply too few active coders.

It actually boils down to one simple question ..  how to we actively get more coders to join the forum ?
... some text here ..

Audionut

You're post is self-centered and useless (to everyone except you).

You've made this thread 4 minutes after registering an account because you were to lazy to find the answer yourself.

If you bothered yourself to put some effort in, you would find plenty of answers in a search for 2000D on these forums, and in the FAQ.

a1ex

And somebody could not be bothered to use their spel chequer [JS required], much less to read subsequent replies ;)

But yes, there is a thread about 2000D on this forum.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23606.0

Audionut

If you're not going to tolerate my petty demands, then just delete my account now.

Classic NPD.

The capitals really drove home the message being conveyed.  ::)