2000D port guy willing and soon C ABLE

Started by copycatthemc, March 04, 2020, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copycatthemc

I've posted elsewhere on the site a few things just want to say HI and fear not once capable c++ C# and Objective C dev C++ Borland C++ Xcode video game programmer and independent computer scientist is now in position and planning my next move. I will be over time be spending a fair bit of time trying to help port magic lantern to my first ever working and owned dslr camera. it was a gift from a very dear man who saw my potential ability and my inability to pay him 300 pounds and be able to feed my self. so he gave it me as a gift. so in true hacker style I'm now going to use it for my work, (which needs ML if I'm gonna pull off my aim of creating a volumetric stage, using kinect v1, v2 and v3 (kinect azure) sensors and canon eos m to develop high quality volumetric capture camera rig cheaply, I already have the facility to record volumetric video using paid software that's already available but I plan to make something accessible to people less fortunate. Thats to a standard that with good skills, effort and working practices would be used to create an inner city home studio reasonably cheaply and equally as important to a more than acceptable semi pro level of of rgb quality and infrared and tof sensors geometric mapping depth sensor equips mixed reality capture and VR/AR development studio. anyway just saying hi and that 2000D users have someone willing who used to be capable, willing to dedicate as much time as needed and possible to helping port ML TO THE 2000D

I've also downloaded the kinect v1 SDK and the open ni and ni mate and opencv SDKs and intend on taking a look at the Alice vision SDK, I am looking at the opencv lua wrapper and considering attempting to do a lua wrapper for Microsoft kinect v1 and v2 with the hope of eventually DEVELOPING MY OWN KINECT SPECIFIC extensions to the ML LUA LANGUAGE OR DEPENDING HOW DIFFICULT INTERFACE DIRECTLY USING C one of the pieces of c code I have come across has got me thinking if I could get a live feed to the pc to work via usb for the eos m and if possible the 2000D if it's possible once ported I was amongst the best two programmers in my hnd computer sciences uni course and got in with no relevant formal qualifications based on experience. over last few years I've been wasting my skills, my time and my energy but now I'm ready to fight again but this time not alone. I'm planning on becoming a valuable and helpful member of the magic lantern community if I can help I will :) one love peace and unity and most of all wish me luck......

it's been a long road to travel and a mighty long way to go but you can get it if you really want but you must try try and try try and try and you'll succeed at last....

thanks to the magic lantern team and to the wonderful man who gave me a spanking brand new in the box dslr camera. (he had taken one pic and thought it was to complicated to use compared to his phone) had he not given me the brand new 2000D DSLR camera and me always looking out for hacks and custom firmwares for any device I own or intend to purchase, had it not been for him I wouldn't have ever known about magic lantern, neither then would I have the need to refresh my skills and push them further than they have ever been before. Time to do my best to work porting ML and developing my ability to make my childhood dream a reality. The dream of programming my way out of poverty and the zombie stricken inner city i live in and one day inspire young rough necks by telling my rather difficult and unique story.... all I'll say is my uni tutor gave me 20 minutes to convince him to let me on the course he stopped me in five and said, my God I don't know how the hell you've done done it but you have broken your social programming. No offence he said but you should be thinking about money women gold and cars not c++ and independent video game development. he then followed with we need guys like you in the industry he said we got a million drones they reach the end of the book and that's it they stumped they gotta come ask me but you and people like you when you reach the end of the book you say right so how the fluff do I sort this and then work to sort it. so fear not given time time and effort i will help bring 2000D to the magic of the lantern and intend via pc link to bring kinect v1 and v2 and eventually v3 the kinect azure into some kind of volumetric capture capable rig it would be great if i could do it with the eos m too, meaning i could have that photogrametry and live 360 videogrametry rig I'd love,  a lot cheaper than a pro rig something which I could never afford on my minimum wage job working for a non profit to supporting mentally I'll vulnerable homeless adults however I have the ideal job and live apart girlfriend to pull this all off. most night if no trouble at work, I'm sat on my computers doi g my thing. I can take my kit into work and work on my own projects so long as I do my checks and interact with the service users when they need my assistance plus I also work nights so now I've left social media completely behind I will have a lot less distractions :) anyway I'm gone gotta sleep for work, see you all soon when I check the rom dump md5s for the 2000D rom I'll be dumping my 2000D rom this weekend
It's been a long road to travel and a mighty long way to go but you can get it if you really want but you must try try and try try and try you succeed at last ;) my aim is create some way of interfacing with pc so as to create an auto calibrated rgb-depth camera by interfacing via pc with the kinect

heder

???

Its easier to read assembly langauge than your post.

Use fewer words,  more \n and more big letters.

Please!
... some text here ..

copycatthemc

No problem. Gotta stop being a lazy typist :)
It's been a long road to travel and a mighty long way to go but you can get it if you really want but you must try try and try try and try you succeed at last ;) my aim is create some way of interfacing with pc so as to create an auto calibrated rgb-depth camera by interfacing via pc with the kinect