No Option to Change Bitrate

Started by pi123, February 16, 2020, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pi123

Hi,

since this is my first post, I want to say 'hello' to everyone.

I am taking photos for quite a while now, but just starting with film making. So in that regard I am kind of a newbie and try to understand all the concepts. I spend my whole Sunday with trying to get ML working. It seems to work with 1920px, however if I want go further there are issues occuring.

What I found out by now is, that the SD Card might not be the best solution for 2k or 3k filming with the 5D Mark III. Eventhough I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB 170MB/S SD Card, because of the 20MB/s limitation at the 5D. So therefore I will focus on getting it running with the CF Card which is 160Mb/s fast.

As I mentioned I cannot record 2k or 3k videos, the camera stops recording after a few seconds. I wanted to try to increase the bitrate. However, I cannot find this option. It wasn't available with both Nightly versions provided online.

It doesnt look like in this Video and the term that are mentioned in the Userguide could locate them in my camera...

Do you have any ideas why this option is not available in my cam?

Walter Schulz

Bitrate manipulation in RAW/MLV recording makes no sense. It is an option for H.264 only (if feature available for your cam (not for 5D3!) -> see feature matrix -> NITRATE).