Settings:
x3 Crop @1736x976, 1/48 [Shutter Lock], 24p, ISO 100,
WB 5800, 14-bit Lossless, %100 Sharpen (needed with this lens),
clarity +5, Alexa Wide Gamut.
Gear Used:
Canon EOS M, Elgeet 13mm f1.5, SLR Magic Compact-40 Anamorphot 1.33x
EOS M

Luther

Damn, if it wasn't for the aliasing in some trees and the motion blur difference, I could easily mistake this for some kodak film from the 80s (particularly the 250D 5297). Very good job on the color grading @ZEEK. Can you explain a bit your post-processing steps? Any LUTs? What impressed me the most was the highlight rolloff it has, very film-like.

ZEEK

Honestly, I was shocked to see the aliasing as I used the X3 Crop mode only. I used shutter lock and fine-tuning to get 1/48. Never experienced aliasing with this mode before. Anyway, I could have removed or reduced the aliasing with the CA Desature function which I didn't use for this video as I do with my other ones. Just didn't want to considering this lens is already soft.

No lut used here, kept it basic with Alexa Wide Gamut, adjusted gamma and exposure, sharpness, clarity and that's it. Not sure what happened to the highlight rolloff, perhaps just the characteristics of the lens. I used white level @14000.
EOS M

yourboylloyd

Great job ZEEK! I love watching RAW footage on vintage lenses. It would be interesting to see this Lens+SLR Magic combo on like a BMPCC4k where the alisaing issue would maybe be fixed.

How was it using that adapter? I've been wanting to get that one or the SLR 50x1.33 for a while.
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

ZEEK

Thanks Lloyd 👍
It wouldn't work with the Pocket 4K considering there is even a slight vignette on the original bmpcc.
Using the adapter honestly is the best thing ever. It's perfect for lenses with 52mm filter threads. Focusing is easy and the image you get looks great. Thanks!
EOS M

ngemu