t2i Help Please

Started by khd1991, August 31, 2012, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khd1991

Trying to install ML on my t2i, but it constantly goes into the blank screen flashing led sequence that means I need to update my firmware.

Problem is, I'm already running 1.0.9 and every time I try to update the camera's firmware per Cannon's instructions I end up with with the "Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again" screen. I've tried this multiple times, downloading the firmware update a few times and using two different cards. I'm doing a low level format in camera before each time I try and have tried two different memory cards.

The memory cards I'm using are: PNY 8gb, 20mb/s and Sandisk ultra 16gb 30mb/s.

Using a windows 7 laptop.

Any help out there for a guy looking to upgrade his camera usage?

Thanks in advance.

kihlbahkt

khd
From your description of the problem it sounds like you may be deleting the canon firmware when you do in camera format.
Quote from: khd1991 on August 31, 2012, 06:56:37 PM
"Update file cannot be found.
Make sure that is not happening.

600D x2

khd1991

No, I do an in camera format before I place the firmware on the card. If I try to update firmware without firmware on the card it would say "memory card containing firmware is required to update" instead of letting me try to continue.

nanomad

Try updating using the canon software from a PC (EOS Tool)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Datadogie

Download the firmware again. It might just be corrupt.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

khd1991

I stated in the original post that I had already downloaded the firmware update a few different times. I'm currently trying to find a way to download EOS Utility since I bought the camera used and it was not included. That's why I've been trying with SD cards only. If I can ever find a way to download the utility I will report back on whether that worked or not, but as of right now anyone who might have advice on how to get it working with the SD cards would be appreciated.

khd1991

Well... go ahead and call me an idiot. I had somehow managed to convince myself that I had a t2i when I really only have a t1i. Guess it was just wishful thinking. Anyway, I'm up and running now so sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks for the help though