skipped frames stopped recording on canon t5i any advice would be appreciated

Started by frozenintime, January 30, 2020, 06:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frozenintime

Ive been working on this for quite a while. I am recording in raw at 1280x720 with a 16x9 aspect ratio. The card I am using says 95 mb/s 3 and 10 with 64gb. The camera I am using is a t5i. It shows 30fps the camera will only record for a couple seconds at 30fps, then the skipped frames stopped error occurs. I adjusted the frames per second in the frames per second override to 18fps and it seems to record ok now but I don't know for how long.

Whats important is I need to continuously record interviews for the extent of the battery or with a plug in battery with cinematic quality. I thought raw was best but I may be wrong. What are the optimal settings for what I want, I do not necessarily need to record in raw, if I can get the same quality with less issues. Any help would be appreciated as this issue is immensely frustrating. Thank you so much!

Walter Schulz

Cam can't do 720p30 with 14 bit raw, only 720p24 or 720p25.
1280 x 720 x 30 x 14 / 8 = 46 MByte/s
You should see same calculation on the bottom indicating you can't have continuous recording with these settings!
Either crank down fps or use an experimental build featuring 12 bit recording and/or lossless compression.

And a 64 GB card with uncompressed 720p25 14 bit recording will be filled in about 1590 seconds which is below maximum H.264 recording time ...