White balance issue: video .MLV + color chart .CR2

Started by adrjork, January 25, 2020, 03:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrjork

Hi everyone,

I think I've made the most stupid mistake: I've shot videos in .MLV format, but instead of shooting white target and color chart in .MLV format too, I've shot them as stills in .CR2.
Now, I'm working on Davinci: if I try to use .CR2 with color chart correction, and then I copy&paste the grade to cDNG file (that comes from .MLV), the result is... funny!
Same thing when I try to use .CR2 with white target for correcting white balance of cDNG file (from .MLV).

Is there a way to use those color and white .CR2 for correction cDNG in Davinci? Or those stills are simply unuseful?
Many thanks

mothaibaphoto

Try to convert CR2 to DNG with Adobe DNG Converter first.
Please, let us know, if that helps :)

Danne

In Switch I think I added white balance correction so that it includes cr2 wb into dng files if included into the folder next to the mlv files. Long ago I did this so canĀ“t remember exactly. You can also extract asshotneutral from a cr2 to dng converted file from adobe dng converter and the use exiftool or exiv2 to patch your dng files. Note that there are camera calibration tags too that should be included when calculating asshotneutral numbers but even without them you should be pretty close in matching wb.