500D intervalometer + mirror lockup always on = takes only one photo and stops

Started by realflow100, January 11, 2020, 12:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realflow100

takes one photo then stops why it says intervalometer stopped
why cant i do 0.5s delay for mirror lockup always on + intervalometer set to crazy pics per second?
I want to do this for astrophotography and stacking images but it just WONT WORK
it works if i change from single shot to 2s timer or remote shooting but i dont want an extra 2 seconds or 10 seconds of delay between shots cause then i cant get as many shots as fast
and im doing untracked so it wont work having a longer delay.

it also locks up my camera until i turn it off and back on. I cant go to magic lantern settings. turn off the display. or go to the menu settings nothing happens when i press the buttons

realflow100

heder

... some text here ..

realflow100

Its already off. I have standby mode off and power save off of any kind i could find.
nothing like that could be causing it I dont think. there has to be something im missing!

Walter Schulz

Crazy mode won't work well with others ML features. It doesn't work well on it's own: To stop it you may be forced to turn power off and cam may not even listen to that and you may be forced to pull the battery.
See Camera_help.

realflow100

Just discovered it works fine if i set the exposure length to 1 second or longer. I'm just dumb and was testing it at 0.5 seconds because i was impatient
seems to work fine if I do a long enough exposure it doesnt struggle anymore and the 0.5 second delay works
i can finally get clear sharp photos of the stars without the mirror causing vibrations!