Powergrade for Resolve

Started by togg, January 09, 2020, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wib

Quote from: togg on October 13, 2020, 05:11:26 PM

so are you using some kind of variation of our presets? or going from alexa export from mlv app then Juan on resolve?

for the moment im sticking with 1080-3k-4k dng exports and if I have a serious aliasing problem I'll definitely render as prores in alexa log (with in mind that there might be some banding)
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

allemyr

Quote from: wib on October 13, 2020, 07:11:22 PM
for the moment im sticking with 1080-3k-4k dng exports and if I have a serious aliasing problem I'll definitely render as prores in alexa log (with in mind that there might be some banding)

Why would you have aliasing problem with 5D3 i shoot i 1080p and never see that even when upscale. Check your settings in resolve is my advice

IDA_ML

Please note that these artifacts can also be caused by the monitor.  If high-resolution footage is watched on a lower-resolution screen, you get such fake aliasing even if the footage is shot in one of the 1x1 modes.  Footage should always be rescaled to the resolution of the screen on which it will be watched.  At least, this is my experience.

allemyr

Quote from: IDA_ML on October 14, 2020, 02:09:34 PM
Please note that these artifacts can also be caused by the monitor.  If high-resolution footage is watched on a lower-resolution screen, you get such fake aliasing even if the footage is shot in one of the 1x1 modes.  Footage should always be rescaled to the resolution of the screen on which it will be watched.  At least, this is my experience.

Yes maybe, in this case it is 1080p footage upscaled to UHD/4k watched on a UHD/4k display. So in this case its the footage its post number #20 thats the one.

Resolve does a much better work when using superscale function instead of upscaling 1080p sequences from MLVapp, the upscale should be done in the debayring process if its MLVapp do it there, if its in Resolve do it there.

I think thats the answer for bad edges. I dont't know what videofiles you export form MLVapp but if you export 10bit 1080p from MLVapp and then upscale in Resolve with standard upscale function, yes you will have aliasing problems, but this isnt about 5D3 this will happen on any camera.