tommy's tree talks - season 2

Started by 70MM13, January 05, 2020, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luther

Cool. There's a little too much magenta in the shadows... if it was not an artistic choice, see if you can bring the Red curve a little down, so the shadows get a cyan tone instead of magenta ;)

IDA_ML

Don't worry, 70MM13, this young tree will probably not die.  Nature has this wonderful feature to adapt, at least partially, to a variety of nasty situations humans have prepared for her, including global warming.

I'll give you an example.  A few years ago, we planted young apple trees in front of the building where I work.  Last June, the poisonous glyphosate cloud comming from the nearby corn fields passed through our area and caused a horrible damage to the vegetation.  I remember, when I came to work one morning, the apple tree that grows right in front of my window looked like someone had sprinkled sulfuric acid on it.  Within a day or so, it totally lost its leaves and the skin of its young branches was badly damaged too.  I thought, it's over, it will never recover again.   But what a surprise - a month later, in the middle of the hot summer, new fresh green leaves came out and the apple tree recovered.  If this year, the wind blows the glyphosate clouds in a different direction, I hope, we will see even some beautiful blossoms in April.

It's a great work that you are doing, trying to wake up the awareness of people to the importance of invironment protection.  Hopefully, human civilization will succeed in preserving Nature and itself from total distruction.

70MM13

thanks guys!

luther, good eye, as always!  in fact, it was by choice.  i have almost the opposite curve in my hue vs hue curve, only on the red portion...  i like it :)  can you tell what my favourite colour is? ;)

ida, you are so right.  the forests have so many stressors to cope with thanks to our "efforts", and when they are suffering from parasites, insects, dieseases, pollution, etc...  the harm from a false start is just another of the million paper cuts :(

i'm so glad to see friends enjoying my labour of love :)