introducing ISO 120!

Started by 70MM13, December 13, 2019, 05:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70MM13

using the technique i outlined in my second how-to video, i was calibrating the preamp gain of my 5d3 outside in the freezing cold temperature, and due to the chilling effect, i was able to push the preamp to 52, resulting in iso 120...

check out the results:

i exposed for the sunlit snow on the roof of my house in the background, meanwhile i am in the shade of the early morning, with no lighting of any kind, wearing all black.

look at the details in my black clothing.  look at the sunlit snow in the distance.  NO CLIPPING.  NO NOISE REDUCTION.

is that extreme enough for you?

this is by far the most beautiful and demanding video i have yet shot.

please, try this at home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5zIvReYoSQ

ilia3101

Looks clean. I actually want to try it out after seeing you posting so much. How do I start? is it compatible with Danne's latest 5D3 builds?

Danne

@timbytheriver has some build here with regs changed:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=24702.msg223442;topicseen#msg223442

Nobody is arguing about iso regs could be pushed around but I doubt endless posts about the effect is going to get a1ex to suddenly jump into code and start make it user friendly using the iso regs. He clearly told this is working against so I assume you must have missed it somehow.
One thing about all these posts. I don´t see any of these scene conditions that wouldn´t come out like this with regular ettr but it´s really hard to really see what you praise so much. Following @timbytheriver we at least can start outline valid information by viewing and comparing setting, discussing user interaction and exposure behaviour etc. I would suggest to take it to the next step and do comparison tests, and really specialize and dig out that piece of gold you and others are looking for. I think a1ex knows the answer but are we talking about maybe 0.5 stop gained or less when all is properly compared?

On a side note. I really like the tree talk theme....

70MM13

timbytheriver is working on that right now! 

but at the moment, it can only be done by hand, as i show in my "second how to video".  all you need is a 5d3 and the iso research tools...

we need more participants, so please one and all, join in the effort!

he has a thread called "cleaner presets" where development is being discussed...  jump on!

Stousen

Nice!
What lenses are you using for your tree talks? Looks great, i shall be following you. Great stuff, indeed.

70MM13

thanks!!

most of the time, i'm using rokinon cine lenses, T1.5, 24 or 35mm

when doing long distance shots of treetops, birds, etc, i strap on a canon ef400 f/5.6L

macro stuff is a sigma 105mm f/2.8 ex dg macro os

some episodes are strictly the rokinons, such as this one...  even for the closeups.  they are really fun lenses for me.  highly recommended!

Stousen